Bearcat Problem at 866-868mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Desert-Rat said:
Thanks ever so much for the help on this, guys. Someday, when I know what I'm doing, I will return the favor.

I reset all data in a particlar bank (#2) and re-keyed the trunk type (ED), the frequencies (Riverside Ctny, Southwest) in LCN order, and then the talk groups in "nn.nnnn" order (06.041, 06.042, etc).

But I still get this "control channel" noise (when no one's talking) with every channel I've entered. But the unit is able to scan now. So I still have something screwed up. However, I believe that the noise duration is somewhat reduced.

Should the frequency at LCN 1 be on a priority channel? Or should I have no priority channels? The first channel in all five banks is a priority channel, that's where I put LCN 1.

I locked out the frequency at LCN8, because it gave me nothing but noise. Should I have not done this??

Dave Benner
La Quinta, Ca.

Yes I would take the priority off. I don't have that scanner, but I would try that, also unlock the channel locked out. Make sure you start programming with CH 1.

And the second thing I would try is decimal groups rather than the AFS or just the first part of AFS xx without xxx

And try just one bank to see how that works. It got to be something simple. I would also invest in the software, it will make your life easier.

AL

seamusg

newsalan said:
Yes I would take the priority off. I don't have that scanner, but I would try that, also unlock the channel locked out. Make sure you start programming with CH 1.

And the second thing I would try is decimal groups rather than the AFS or just the first part of AFS xx without xxx

And try just one bank to see how that works. It got to be something simple. I would also invest in the software, it will make your life easier.

AL
The software would also help in giving you help since we could see what you have programed. We cannot see what you have programed.

jerk

Desert-Rat said:
Thanks ever so much for the help on this, guys. Someday, when I know what I'm doing, I will return the favor.
SNIP
Dave Benner
La Quinta, Ca.

How did you make out? Just wanted to hear an update. Also did you consider the software. It really makes programming the thing easier?

I hope it is working well for you now.

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.