Bearcat Sportcat 180, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardsFan

I'm new to the forums and I would like to know if there is such a conversion for my Bearcat scanner. The scanner is the Sportcat 180, that I bought back in 2003. I only use it two to three timess a year when I travel Stateside to NASCAR races. The first year I had it, the scanner worked fine. In fact, it still does. However, the year after I bought it, the battery would not hold it's charge. Unfortunately, this situation reared its head after the warranty expired. I replaced the battery pack, which was only $10.00, and since then, I have adopted, or tried to anyway, a routine where, once every two months or so, I leave the scanner on to run the battery down, then I recharge it. Since then, the battery has been fine and still lasts about 12 hours per charge.

However, I was wondering if there is a conversion kit to change the battery pack over to a holder that takes regular type AA batteries or AA rechargables? I have searched the internet, and asked at track-side sales trailers that are at the races, but have yet to come up with one. Does such a conversion exist? And if not, can one be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.