Bearcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

I have an older Uniden/Bearcat BC760XLT.

It works great. Just curious though, all I've ever really done with it was programmed in the local stuff to listen to. I used to have it in my old 1988 Chevy Blazer but sold that old truck....I play it in the house now...

Now that "newer" scanners are on the marked (I've bought the Pro96 & 2096) I was wondering if the old bearcat had any features that I'm not aware of. I lost the book YEARS ago.

Will it let me set PL tone codes or anything neat like that?

Thanks,

Steve/KB8FAR

Attachments

• 760XLT1.JPG
    760XLT1.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

af5rn

The 760xlt did have an optional CTCSS module that you could plug into the bottom of it (see that big square in the bottom, covered up by some kind of label or something). I never had or used one of those modules, but wish I had. I still have two 760xlts (lost two others to thieves) and love them. I'll pay to keep them going as long as I can. Nothing was easier or faster to program on the fly. And the size of it was perfect for sticking into tight spaces.

SLWilson

Rugged!

The 760xlt did have an optional CTCSS module that you could plug into the bottom of it (see that big square in the bottom, covered up by some kind of label or something). I never had or used one of those modules, but wish I had. I still have two 760xlts (lost two others to thieves) and love them. I'll pay to keep them going as long as I can. Nothing was easier or faster to program on the fly. And the size of it was perfect for sticking into tight spaces.
You're right about them being good scanners. No, I never added rthe module. Didn't know I could at the time I bought it !!!! Like you said, easy to program, that's all I did with it, set up our local and surrounding counties, put it in my truck & listened!!!! I am on my second bulb for the display though!!!!
Steve/KB8FAR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.