Beartracker 885 audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4bzyhf

The audio is muffeld, almost like it's off frequency. In both scanner and CB. It did thise once before and I messed with the external speaker input and it went back to understandable audio.
Now with or without external speaker audio unreadable.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Trucker700

The audio is muffeld, almost like it's off frequency. In both scanner and CB. It did thise once before and I messed with the external speaker input and it went back to understandable audio.
Now with or without external speaker audio unreadable.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Sounds like it needs to be repaired. If it's still in warranty, I would suggest sending it to Uniden for repair.
Some CB shops might be able to fix it, if it's not a special IC only available from Uniden.
Trucker

kf4bzyhf

I have come to that conclusion. I was hoping beyond hope there was just something simple. Thanks for your time! Much appreciated.

geoffwhite18

I just purchased one and had the exact same thing happen. I've been using it for 1 day, and I lost all audio. No beeps, no sweeps, no creeps, nothing on internal or external audio.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Contacts inside external speaker jack or, solder connection may be faulty which can effect internal and external speaker output.

Last edited:

geoffwhite18

I bought a new one and am sending the old one back. If I have the same problem with the new one I'll send it directly to uniden since they clearly have a problem. Others have reported the same thing on the 885.
I had a 980ssb that was flawless. I can't believe this one lasted 1 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.