Beartracker 885 locking on ENCRYPTED Comms

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Beartracker 885 added to my collection.
Problem is when scanning Police it often locks on what I believe are the few ENCRYPTED Comms and I hear Digital Sound.
Is there a way to take these off? Is the best way to MODIFY the SD Card Database?

If this happens while Scanning I can S.MUTE and then S.MUTE again resumes scan - but I have to re-lock them out each time I re-power up the scanner.

Thanks,
RVACS

Trucker700

I double tapped the avoid button twice to keep mine from stopping on encrypted channels. But, it doesn't stay. Once you power the radio off and on again the avoid is gone. Normally, depending on your Squelch settings, it doesn't stay long on an encrypted channel. You could import the Database into Sentinel and manually remove the encrypted channels. Then reload to the radio. But, the next time you update the database, you will have to edit the database again.
The 885 is a good CB radio and decent scanner. But, over time I found that I wanted to hear more than it provided. So, I replaced it with a Cobra 29 and a Uniden SDS100. Once I did that and added a GPS module, I was a lot happier.
James