Beartracker 885 police scanner issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtp7777

I purchased an 885 combo scanner/CB with GPS module. I am able to pickup Fire and Ambulance frequencies just fine, but get nothing but a high pitched tone on each Police frequency as it scans through them. I've tried using the Antenna that came with radio as well as a multiband vertical antenna. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

rtp7777

Hi doctordialtone,
My location is zip code 60002. I'm not really sure what agencies it is attempting to scan. This has a GPS which is supposed to find all the signals in the area. You can also specify the zip code you are in, which I have tried also. It allows you to choose Police, Fire, Ambulance, or all of them combined. It works fine with Fire and ambulance, but just get tones on Police. My original thoughts were an antenna problem, but not sure if that would cause this issue.
Thanks

K4EET

Chaplain
rtp7777, from this page:

it says:

"Lake County and many of it's communities are in the process of converting over to the StarCom21 system. Many Sheriff's operations will be encrypted but it is unknown how much of the rest will be."

That which is encrypted cannot be received by scanners. Sorry.

Last edited:

rtp7777

Thanks K4EET. I had not checked that out. That kinda sucks, but what ya gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.