beaufort county reband

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'd have to read up again, but my understanding is that scanners monitoring P25 systems are "immune" to rebanding effects. That is, the way the system expresses the active frequency in a channel grant is no different in systems that are using rebanded frequencies as opposed to those that are not using rebanded frequencies. Not being able to monitor the system myself, I'm not really able to comment further. And I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong in that assertion.

Perhaps consider running a control channel decoding software package - Pro96Com is the one I'm familiar with but it probably doesn't work with the 396 - to see if the system is more active than your scanner is revealing.

Also, can you comment on talkgroups in use or agencies using this system in Anderson beyond what is listed in the database? I'm curious if other Anderson County agencies have switched over aside from Anderson PD.

Note that I changed the site number for the Beaufort County site - it's now reporting 1-063. Thanks for the confirmation on the Anderson site.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Brian on 800 MHz P-25 systems that are rebanded, all you need is the newest CC's in your scanner and it will work fine. Its only on "legacy" 3600 CC systems that rebanding bandplans have to be added. The only other P-25 systems that there may be issues on are UHF, and VHF systems where you "may or may not" need complete base/offset/spacing bandplan data... Hope this helps. :)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah and for rebanded determination, you'd need to see if an YE type license has been granted by the FCC.

FCC Callsign: WQJQ932 (Anderson County)

Licensee Name: Anderson County
License: WQJQ932
County: ANDERSON
State: SC
Radio Service: YE: Public Safety/Spec Emerg and Public Safety Ntl Plan, 806-817/851
Notes: This license will be used for trunked public safety radio communications in the listed areas under rebanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

bpalmer

If you have software see if you can find the reband table. In Win500, go to your system, click on trunking tables. in drop down box find the appropriate table.. No guarantees but WIn500 has one for P-25 Under Trunking Tables

Last edited:

bpalmer

For those scanning Beaufort County it doesn't hurt to put the rebanned frequencies (above) in your scanner. Even better if you have software and it gives you an 800 rebanned option
Beaufort County is expected to go P-25 by around May 1. The P-25 control channel can be heard on 857.4375

davemay

Beaufort Feed

I lost all the Bft. Co. police channels for the feed and i cant find out what happened. Nothing is coming across on any of my scanners but Fire and EMS. Can someone please tell me in Engish what happened and if they changed something. If i cant get the Police cg, back up and running by 4-16-10 I'll just have to stop broadcasting the feed. Its not worth slowing down my network to broadcast fire and ems,,,,,
I hope someone can help before the 16th

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I lost all the Bft. Co. police channels for the feed and i cant find out what happened. Nothing is coming across on any of my scanners but Fire and EMS. Can someone please tell me in Engish what happened and if they changed something.

You have read all the posts in this thread that preceded your question ? Several things have changed.

BTW - some of us prefer monitoring fire and ems over law enforcement communications.

bpalmer

Doing what I mentioned, I hear Fire, EMS and law enforcement , quite well, though a bit scratchy at times ( I think that has to do with the new radios.). Have you check to make sure you haven't pressed a wrong button or two, locks outs of CC and adding attenuation are killers

At this time the main cc is 857.2125 for the analog system, though I suppose it could changes to an alternate which could be any of the other 15 frequencies we know of on analog. 857.4375 is the digital cc so it is not likely going to be the cc for analog.

One other thing you might do to make sure your scanner is working is find the NOAA WX Radio stations that covers Beaufort County. 162.450 is programed for Beauofrt (Whitehall tower) and 162.400 is out of Savannah (last I heard on the Talmage Bridge)

Good luck

Last edited:

bpalmer

I have learned if you put the above rebanned frequencies in to your scanner as Motorola trunk, it really helps.

But I must note the Beaufort P-25 system is slowly coming on line with around ten TG's found and only three identified, mostly public works. Will send to a moderator when there is something more concrete

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.