Beaufort County

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewN4CO

Anyone able to scan the Beaufort County freqs. contained in database? I'm attempting to use a Uniden BCD15X and BCD996XT and have uploaded but nothing is received. What I have displayed on screen is:
"Simulcast"
"SEARCH ID"

I'm new to this scanning stuff so please be kind if you will.

Regards,
Lew

LewN4CO

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Are you local to Beaufort area if you don't mind my asking?

Would be nice to monitor law enforcement, but understand reasons. Have interest in other area of county as well.

Primary use of BCD996xt is to free up my BCT15X to monitor military in out out of MCAS Beaufort.

Lew

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
No, I used to be stationed there when I was in the Navy, but retired and stayed in Camp Lejeune, NC. I wish we could have retired in Beaufort. I'm from SC and loved it there. It's just too expensive to move there now.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The SCHP uses the Palmetto P25, and the original Palmetto 800 where the P25 is not grown yet. As the entire Palmetto 800 will be converted over the next few years to P25, its a good idea to be digital ready. Enjoy monitoring the Lowcountry!

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I stayed in Beaufort for a few days a few weeks ago. I'm a GRE user so I don't have any Uniden files to share. But here are my observations from my trip:

- All county Public Safety agencies operate on the Palmetto P25 system. All LE talkgroups, as well as BC EMS Dispatch and some Fire Department private talkgroups are all encrypted. Curiously, BC EMS dispatch is encrypted but all the EMS MED hospital talkgroupes are in the clear.

- The old Beaufort County Motorola system is off the air. I have removed it from the database listing.

- I confirmed the at least one of the control channel frequencies listed for the Beaufort County Military trunked radio system is accurate. 386.725MHz was active near MCAS Beaufort. It was not monitorable out on the Sea Islands where I stayed.

- SCHP operates on the Palmetto 800 system in analog. Use the Port Royal site.

- SC DOT Response (SHEP) operates on the Palmetto P25 system and is not encrypted.

- 154.355/118.8 PL is still used for FD Tone-out and is a simulcast of the BC FD Dispatch talkgroup on Palmetto P25.

- All HHI Fire/Rescue talkgroups appear to be in the clear. 154.145 is no longer used for tone-out.

- Hunting Island State Park uses 453.725MHz DMR (not analog NFM).

- From Harbor Island, I was able to receive the Edisto Island site for Palmetto P25, which carries most radio traffic from Charleston County and City. That filled the void left by very little traffic in Beaufort County that was able to be monitored.

- Likewise, I was able to monitor the Ravenel site of the Palmetto 800 system from Harbor Island, which surprised me.

- Colleton County appears to be using the Palmetto 800 system almost exclusively. The Hampton County LE talkgroup (digital) was also very active.

Status
Not open for further replies.