Beaumont awfully quiet today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

giant22000

Anybody else notice Beaumont municipalities have been silent today?

Other municipalities in the area such as Mid County and Hardin County which all use the Southeast Texas regional radio system appear to be working just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

giant22000

Now it appears that no Jefferson county municipalities are broadcasting on setrrs. Hardin county seems to be unaffected.

None of the conventional backups are in use either....

Wow, big problems in Jefferson county today!

giant22000

I'm no where near close, but check to see if you can find a control channel on a different frequency listed in the database.

Southeast Texas Regional Radio System (SETRRS) Trunking System, Beaumont, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Ok, I'm showing a trunking signal on my pro-106 so I'm assuming that it's got the correct frequency for the control channel, but I went ahead and loaded all receive frequencies for setrrs that are in the RR DB.

Would this eliminate any possibility of control channels being changed to frequencies not listed as CC's?

Thanks for the help.

giant22000

There is a large scale Verizon Wireless outage in my area as well.

Is radio tower real estate shared with the cell providers?

Maybe they've had power outages at the cell sites...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Ok, I'm showing a trunking signal on my pro-106 so I'm assuming that it's got the correct frequency for the control channel, but I went ahead and loaded all receive frequencies for setrrs that are in the RR DB.

Would this eliminate any possibility of control channels being changed to frequencies not listed as CC's?

Thanks for the help.

My thought was they may be upgrading to a P25 system and they have the new system up on one of the old systems frequencies.

Can you manually check each of the frequencies in red in the database and see if you find another control channel?

I'm just guessing on all of this, so no guarantees. :wink:

giant22000

So I checked each individual frequency listed in the RR DB this morning and the only CC's I find are ones that are currently listed ( 854.36250c on Beaumont Simulcast site and 859.71250a on Silsbee site).

giant22000

Something has definitely changed with there system. Manually scanning through the frequencies provides plenty of traffic, but as soon as the CC's start to be scanned, everything goes silent in Jefferson county.

Hardin still appears to be unaffected.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Something has definitely changed with there system. Manually scanning through the frequencies provides plenty of traffic, but as soon as the CC's start to be scanned, everything goes silent in Jefferson county.

Hardin still appears to be unaffected.

Have you tried searching for new ID's (Open mode or ID search, depending on your scanner)?

giant22000

Yea it did cross my to scan a wildcard talk group in my Pro-106...

I'll do that when I get home and report back.

giant22000

I guess they are having problems as scanning a wildcard on SETRRS Beaumont Simulcast site produces only people calling for radio checks and sounds like a lot of testing. No other traffic is heard.

The talk group ID they are using is 12976 which does not show up in the RR DB for the SETRRS.

giant22000

OK, everything started working as normal again this morning and then all the sudden this afternoon complete silence scanning anything over in Jefferson Co.

I have a theory... I listen on the Silsbee site and have always been able to hear anything that's broadcasted on SETRRS no matter which site I was listening on. Meaning, if listening on the Beaumont Simulcast site (in Jefferson Co) I could hear any transmissions broadcasted in Hardin Co and while listening on the Silsbee site (in Hardin Co) I could hear anything being broadcasted on the Beaumont Simulcast site (in Jefferson Co). Is it possible that they are working to separate the counties to where Jefferson Co broadcasts aren't broadcasting in Hardin Co and Hardin Co broadcasts are broadcasted in Jefferson Co.?

I just scratching my head grasping for straws trying to figure out what's going on here...

Any input/discussions is appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.