Beaver Creek Resort Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me find the freq that Beaver Creek uses for it's public safety department. They run the FD/EMS/PD calls on the mountain and in the village.

Thanks in advance!

KW

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I haven't had any experience with Beaver Creek, but it looks like any agency that covers Beaver Creek is on the Colorado's DTRS (Digital Trunked Radio System). You'll need a APCO 25 capable scanner, or you won't be able to hear anything.

If you do have an APCO 25 scanner, you should consult the database (State of Colorado DTRS Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) for more information. Looks like Site 235 (Beaver Creek) and Site 250 (Lower Dowd) would be your best options for frequencies to program in. As for talkgroups, I don't really have much for you besides saying that I know you'll want Eagle River Fire, Eagle Ambulance, and possibly Avon PD.

Hope that helps you a little, I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will be able to key in with more information.

Edit: I just realized that you're looking for a different department altogether. I don't know any of their frequencies. Sorry I couldn't help you a little more.

Edit2: Seeing that the Beaver Creek Public Safety Department is part of the Beaver Creek Metro District, I did some searching on the database. You might want to plug in some of these frequencies and see if any of these are what you're looking for. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=fle&stid=8&en=Beaver+Creek+Metropolitan+District

Last edited:

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had any experience with Beaver Creek, but it looks like any agency that covers Beaver Creek is on the Colorado's DTRS (Digital Trunked Radio System). You'll need a APCO 25 capable scanner, or you won't be able to hear anything.

If you do have an APCO 25 scanner, you should consult the database (State of Colorado DTRS Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies) for more information. Looks like Site 235 (Beaver Creek) and Site 250 (Lower Dowd) would be your best options for frequencies to program in. As for talkgroups, I don't really have much for you besides saying that I know you'll want Eagle River Fire, Eagle Ambulance, and possibly Avon PD.

Hope that helps you a little, I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will be able to key in with more information.

Edit: I just realized that you're looking for a different department altogether. I don't know any of their frequencies. Sorry I couldn't help you a little more.

Edit2: Seeing that the Beaver Creek Public Safety Department is part of the Beaver Creek Metro District, I did some searching on the database. You might want to plug in some of these frequencies and see if any of these are what you're looking for. Colorado Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Wow, thanks for the info! All the info you gave was very helpful.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Can someone help me find the freq that Beaver Creek uses for it's public safety department. They run the FD/EMS/PD calls on the mountain and in the village.

Thanks in advance!

KW

They are first responders for all these but really don't run the calls, EMS is provided by ECAD, Police by ECSO and Fire by Eagle River Fire Protection District and mountain calls are run by Beaver Creek Ski Patrol.

and all of those agencies (except ski patrol) do indeed operate on the States DTRS system.

Jim<

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
They are first responders for all these but really don't run the calls, EMS is provided by ECAD, Police by ECSO and Fire by Eagle River Fire Protection District and mountain calls are run by Beaver Creek Ski Patrol.

and all of those agencies (except ski patrol) do indeed operate on the States DTRS system.

Jim<

Ok. I've been out there many time just didn't know how the worked out there. And correct me if I'm wrong but, primary police is Avon PD, not ECSO. Anyway, thanks for the info!

f0urtyfive

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I've been out there many time just didn't know how the worked out there. And correct me if I'm wrong but, primary police is Avon PD, not ECSO. Anyway, thanks for the info!

FYI, (at least at vail) ECSO does do on-mountain work occasionally; They'll be on skis and in uniform, armed.

mattguzinski

Premium Subscriber
Long time ago about 17 years I worked for Beaver Creek Ground Maintainence and Beaver Creek Public Safety was operated by Vail Associates. We shared same radio but different channels. They were Motorla radios. The Public Safety officers are also EMTs from the Avon Fire Department.

firepilot

Premium Subscriber
Long time ago about 17 years I worked for Beaver Creek Ground Maintainence and Beaver Creek Public Safety was operated by Vail Associates. We shared same radio but different channels. They were Motorla radios. The Public Safety officers are also EMTs from the Avon Fire Department.

I believe they are now run by the Beaver Creek Metro District. The Metro District is the non-governmental organization that oversees the village of beaver creek and all of the homes. However, the officers are hired through vail resorts. There is no such thing as the Avon Fire Deparmtent nowadays, it was mergeed with the Eagle River Fire Protection District.

colorado_okie

That is in fact, incorrect. ECSO covers Beaver Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.