Becoming a Live Feed provider questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

Hi,

I was wondering is what of the following comunications can I provide live feed?

Orlando, FL Area

1) Walt Disney parade ops, fireworks ops, rides mantainence etc live feeds?

2) Orlando International Airport , Departure and Arrival live feeds? (LOTS OF ACTION)

3) FRS/GMRS live feed? (GOOD ACTION Disney Tourists and some locals)

I just have a bunch of programable radios VHF / UHF that are not worth selling but can work as a scanner.

Also it's possible to run 2-3 live feeds using one computer only?

Any help will be apreciated

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I was wondering is what of the following comunications can I provide live feed?

Orlando, FL Area

1) Walt Disney parade ops, fireworks ops, rides mantainence etc live feeds?

2) Orlando International Airport , Departure and Arrival live feeds? (LOTS OF ACTION)

3) FRS/GMRS live feed? (GOOD ACTION Disney Tourists and some locals)

I just have a bunch of programable radios VHF / UHF that are not worth selling but can work as a scanner.

Also it's possible to run 2-3 live feeds using one computer only?

Any help will be apreciated

cddesigns,

Check this link for the restrictions on what may be broadcast. Keep in mind I'm no admin, but all the above descriptions appear to be valid feed requests.

As for multiple feeds on one computer- it can be done but you must have the ability to support multiple soundcards. Most computers have expansion ports for at least two soundcards, but you can even find soundcards now that connect through USB ports.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
The airport is fine. As far as #1 and #3, dont think that would be good for its own feed. Now, if you would like to provide some kind of public safety feed(police, fire, ems, etc) and kind of throw those channels in, that might be a little more acceptable than them having their own feed. I would have to check with the boss on this one.

Last edited:

cdesigns

I'd recommend we stick with #2 and that's it.

Ok got my live feed up and running, I'm using MIC IN on my laptop and I get a hissss sound, I'm working on that, I need to move the scanner and laptop to a less crowded space, I have to many power supplies and brushless fans around the scanner, just by turning one power supply the sound got better so I will play with some filters I have here or buy an inline filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.