Bedford Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (blackberry: BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.1015 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Heard on Bedford news that PD is on new system. Anyone have info on this? Said to be digital ......FD and EMS switching in near future according to report.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I know that Bedford County recently had a few radio licenses approved by the FCC, for frequencies in the UHF-Ultra High band. They are:

One of the transmitter sites is located in Flintstone, Maryland, which is the same site that is part of the new Cumberland County TRS. I wouldn't be shocked in the least, if this new radio system was laid out by the same contractor that worked on the latter. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and a new Passport TRS has popped up in Bedford County?

73s

Ron

druhe

Premium Subscriber
The other day I was on a job site near Blue Knob Ski Resort. On 453.1750 I was monitoring radio techs doing radio checks and test counts, they were P25 conventional at that time.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Today I was in Pleasantville and Bedford, monitored radio checks on 460.4125 and EMS traffic on 462.9625 both P25 conventional. Everything else was quiet Sorry no NAC's have not upgraded yet

lugnut1130

Yes local Law Enforcement is on the new system it is digital. EMS just started using it to talk, but still dispatched off of old system. Fire is most likely going in the next month and a half. There are still a few fire dept waiting on radios.

CHAWMAN24

Heard EMS being dispatched today on 453.7875 PL 82.5 today. havent been able to hear much on other frequencies yet. Are Bedford Police still being dispatched on 460.375 or have they moved to one of the other Frequencies? Anyone have any idea what each Frequency will be ? Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch OPPS channels ? Im getting alot of radio noise and bleedover on these frequecies so once its up and going hopefully a set PL tone will eliminate that. Im sure new system will be a 100% improvement from the old outdated system

wmbio

Heard radio checks with the two dispatchers at the Bedford county EOC today, 460.375 Mhz. Has anyone mapped the new Bedford P-25 system yet? Does anyone hear a control channel or it's just several single channel P-25 repeaters? My guess is the latter.

Enjoy
Wmbio

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Heard radio checks with the two dispatchers at the Bedford county EOC today, 460.375 Mhz. Has anyone mapped the new Bedford P-25 system yet? Does anyone hear a control channel or it's just several single channel P-25 repeaters? My guess is the latter.

Enjoy
Wmbio

So far what I have monitored has been single channel P25, no control channels. I find it interesting that Chawman is reporting a PL tone, indicating what he is monitoring is NFM analogue.

wmbio

Monitoring the single channel repeaters per the RR database I am hearing voice traffic on them. The signal strength is not too high here in WMd.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:

cfd_safety

Any new information on the Bedford County Radio System? What the frequencies are (Fire Dispatch, E.M.S. Dispatch, etc.)? When they will be going online? This thread has gone quiet recently.

Tom
Uniden BCT15x, BCT8, BC350A

wmbio

Consolidated all the digital P-25 repeaters and programed the following frequencies in my scanner. 453.175, 453.8875,460.375,462.9625, 453.7875.

Signal is not so good in Maryland, but it sounds like a common PD repeater, Fire/EMS repeater and then overflow traffic on OPS-2 or 3. Did I miss any? Any one closer to Bedford hearing additional active frequencies better than I am?

Enjoy
Wmbio

CHAWMAN24

well i guess its time for me to go digital if i want to hear Bedford Co in the near future lol!!! still hearing dispatch of fire on old 33.74 ems on 155.220 and both fire and ems on 453.7875 no police anymore so im hoping maybe santa will bring me a new digital scanner!

cfd_safety

Ok so I have a question. The system is UHF and digital. Will I be able to listen to it with my Uniden BCT15X or will I need the 996? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
Uniden BC15X, BCT8, and BC350A

cfd_safety

Ok thank you. What are the names and frequencies for the fire side? (I.E. Fire Dispatch, Operations)?Have they been released yet?Someone should update the frequency database on radio reference with this information.

Tom
Uniden BCT15X, BCT8, BC350A

wmbio

No one has submitted the new digital system to the RR DB ADM for an update yet.

Confirmed digital P-25 traffic on the frequencies I have listed that I can hear. You will need a new digital radio to receive the system ...The conventional analog channels ARE STILL IN USE until everyone has digital radios and can switch over...Listened to Centerville PA fire a few evenings ago on digital, looking around lake Gordon/Koon for a lost hunter.

Station 37 is on digital now with a traffic contol assignment at 6337 Lincoln Hwy at 645 PM.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I have them programmed into my PSR 600 and on the frequency 453.8375 (which is under the WQNT408 license I believe) it is decoding a p25 nac code of 293. Haven't saw this pop up on the other channels yet. the 453.7875 used for dispatch fire/ems is showing a pl of 82.5. This is the only one that is not coming through as digital. Will advise if i see other codes pop up. The signal is kinda weak with the stock antenna.

wmbio

Database updated but details are needed.

Dave

Thanks Dave
Confirmed NAC of 293 tonight also. Sounded like a bad accident on the Turnpike brought a lot of units out.
The signal strength is not high here in WMd either. I hope we get a few folks around Bedford to tune in ALL the P-25 channels listed under the new call signs for additional frequency updates to the RR DB

"453.7875 used for dispatch fire/ems is showing a pl of 82.5"....I have a WVIRP contol channel from Morfield Wv sitting on this frequency. Keep us posted.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.