Bedford County Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I know this question has been brought up before but I'd like to bring it to light again as maybe someone out there has some information to share. I am curious if anyone knows any information on the UHF frequencies that are licensed to Bedford county. I know that the PD have been using UHF for some time now. I've searched the threads, even the one that I started quite some time ago and was not able to find any new information. Any info or tidbits would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Ambdrvr

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Looking for Cash

There is nothing to report. The last time I checked, which was at the beginning of the month, the county was still looking for funding sources.

CHAWMAN24

Bedford Co. Police are using 460.375 and have been for some time. The same radio traffic is also broadcasted over 453.475, 453.575 and low band 45.14 . As for the other uhf frequencies i have heard no traffic over them . Last i had heard the county was still looking for more $$$$$ to finish the radio system upgrades ( as druhe stated) My understanding was that the F.C.C. granted Bedford Co the uhf frequencies however the new uhf equipment hasn't been purchased yet. I'm sure this will also be a big funding problem for the counties fire and ems providers because they will most likely have to purchase new radios for the apparatus, portable radios and possibly new pagers also. None of which will be cheap. The low band system has been a big problem for several years. Many complaints from first responders about how bad it is and how outdated the entire low band system is. I'm sure a UHF system will be a drastic improvement over what they have now.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
Bedford Fire/EMS

Thanks to both of you who answered. CHAWMAN24 I believe we have talked back and forth about this topic before. I hadn't heard any new information lately and just figured I'd throw it out there in the case that someone out there knew anything. I run in neighboring Allegany County, MD and we are also switching to UHF and was just curious if they had made any progress in the case that we would need to add their county information into our radio equipment for mutual aid purposes. I agree also about the aging lowband equipment and they will see a dramatic difference with UHF. Bedford County should check into some Federal Funding/Grant options to get their system rolling. I know Allegany county has received many grants over the last few years to move our new system forward. Anyway thanks for the replies and it was good to hear from everyone.

Ambdrvr

CHAWMAN24

I run in neighboring Allegany County, MD and we are also switching to UHF
Ambdrvr

Any time table as to when Allegany co will have the UHF up and running? In the past i have monitored some Allegany Co on 33.78 and also i think 155.280 and 462.950. Can't receive them all the time from my location south of Altoona, Pa , but it do hear them every so often

wmbio

Allegany Co Md...
It's all about the $$$$ again, big plans no money, no towers. Some UHF channels are being used here in Cumberland for fire and police but 33.78, 155.280, 462.950 ect are still in constant use by the county.
The state of Maryland is trying to build out a 700 mhz system state wide but it seems we are just waiting for something to happen in Cumberland as always we are last on their list.
I've had a few chats with Ambdrvr and the information they provide is good.
73's
Wmbio

Status
Not open for further replies.