Bedford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I had heard some rumors that Bedford County was switching to UHF same as Cambria County had done and was wondering if anyone had any information on this rumor. If it is a true rumor, does anyone have the information on such a system. Thanks in advance.

CHAWMAN24

I have heard that they will be making the switch to UHF ,but haven't heard a date as to when. I seen on the F.C.C. database that they have several new UHF frequencies listed. I have been scanning them and haven't heard any radio traffic. For years Bedford County has been having trouble with radio coverage with the old low band system and emergency responders have been pushing for a new system. The new frequencies that were posted are:
Also they listed a few new tower locations for these frequencies including one in Roaring Spring, Blair County which is currently a site for Blair County South Tower.

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
Bedford UHF

I had heard from a good source that all of the channels were licensed and approved, sites were allocated and ready, all that was to be done yet was assign PL's. My source didn't have any more info than that. I was just curious if anyone else was in the know and would have the channel line-up or PL assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.