Bedford, NH Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangel65

Hi All, so I just bought a Uniden BCD436HP almost for the sole purpose of listening in on events around town (Bedford, NH) ... I have manually programmed it and also I have done the auto program and in short, I can listen in to almost everything from Merrimack to nashua, NH State Police but nothing out of Bedford.

I have the live audio feed going on my laptop for Bedford Fire but even though I am tuned to the same channel on the BCD436HP I have nothing. So for 5 days now nothing from Bedford Police or Fire. It's maddening!

I am sure there must be a simple solution to this problem?

Appreciate the help!

cangel65

Freq for Bedford

Thanks for replying! So I had used the preprogrammed freq from the onboard scanner DB and then cross checked those with those listed here for Bedford.

155.31000 POLICE
156.18000 FIRE
156.19500 HIGHWAY

Interestingly, all of the other database reqs that came from the auto programming work perfectly, Manchester Trunked, Merrimack, State PD, ETC, all but one locality Bedford. For Bedford I haven't even heard a faint squelch which has me wondering if I am on the right freq. Makes no sense that none of the Bedford channels would have zero activity in 5 days, especially since I can listen to the live feed on-line so I know there is activity, at least on the fire channel.

-Chris

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Check the "Select Service Types" on the 436 and make sure what you programmed manually has that Service Type on. That may not fix the issue and probably not why when in the database mode, you're not hearing them. But many people are having issues with the Service Types being off.

Your location may have an impact too. As I get farther south into Merrimack, north of Manchester, I lose their Fire Channel.

cangel65

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did double check and all of the Service Types are enabled and I also verified that Merrimack has the same service types since I know I can pick them up. So service types are correct.

cangel65

and let me add, I am in Bedford so I should have no problem picking up at least one of the freq's and hearing at least some transmissions but nothing. Like I said, Merrimack, Nashua, Hollis, etc are all just fine. So for now I cleared it out and am only using the built-in database which matches any online database. Same problem, no Bedford, police, fire, or public works. So assuming the frequencies haven't changed and are correct, and assuming others are having no problems with Bedford then what else on my end could I look for?

Thanks Again! Chris

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
and let me add, I am in Bedford so I should have no problem picking up at least one of the freq's and hearing at least some transmissions but nothing. Like I said, Merrimack, Nashua, Hollis, etc are all just fine. So for now I cleared it out and am only using the built-in database which matches any online database. Same problem, no Bedford, police, fire, or public works. So assuming the frequencies haven't changed and are correct, and assuming others are having no problems with Bedford then what else on my end could I look for?

Thanks Again! Chris

Was hoping it was something like that. The next step I guess would be check the NAC/PL tones that they're the most updated.

Have you also tried 159.3225 PL-103.5? That is an Analog simulcast of the fire 156.180 P25 operations. It doesn't really address the root problem, but is an alternative for now.

cangel65

Thanks! I suspect that it may be the wrong tones listed and/or even the freq so I will get lucky and someone will post the correct one or I'll just do a search and be lucky enough to identify them during a broadcast..

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Thanks! I suspect that it may be the wrong tones listed and/or even the freq so I will get lucky and someone will post the correct one or I'll just do a search and be lucky enough to identify them during a broadcast..

The Radio Reference and Scan New England sites are accurate. But they may not have updated the database yet. Wish I could think of something else to try.

One other thing that's a bit of a long shot is change the modulation from FMN or Auto to FM.

cangel65

Thanks John. So for Bedford I have no luck at all. Everything else is all good. Very strange except to think that they have recently changed freq. and nobody has picked up on it, not sure how popular Bedford is but I'd imagine not very.

Would love to know if anyone is scanning and picking up Bedford Police on 155.3100 : 117 and Fire on 156.18000 : 237 and if so what are you modulation settings, etc?

Thanks!

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Thanks John. So for Bedford I have no luck at all. Everything else is all good. Very strange except to think that they have recently changed freq. and nobody has picked up on it, not sure how popular Bedford is but I'd imagine not very.

Would love to know if anyone is scanning and picking up Bedford Police on 155.3100 : 117 and Fire on 156.18000 : 237 and if so what are you modulation settings, etc?

Thanks!

I'm definitely getting Bedford Fire on 156.1800/$237 whenever I'm down that way. The signal is horrible compared to its analog days. But still getting it. I will have to try PD when in area next. That's part of what's puzzling me. And I'm also using a 436. I always set modulation to FM, not Auto or NFM, unless there is bad interference.

Vermonster

I happened to be passing through Bedford today.
I can confirm:
Bedford Fire (digital) 156.180 N237
Bedford Fire (analog simulcast) 159.3225 PL103.5
Bedford Police 155.310 (digital) N117

These were all clearly received with a 396XT and rubber ducky antenna from inside a vehicle on RT101 in Bedford.

cangel65

Thanks all for the updates. The bad news I guess is that the freq. are confirmed correct, so that means I need to figure it out from my end. Definitely some oddity with Bedford.

mainetrunk

I had the same problem with Somersworth pd. ( with a pro 106 )
7 miles as the crow flies.
I hit the ATT button,
and no problem.
The further away you are---the less need for ATT button/function..
If you are far enough away--make POSITIVELY sure it is not locked out permanently.
Also--get to higher ground if possible for a signal test.

brads9

Cangel65,

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'd be interested in the solution.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.