Been a member for awhile but can't use the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

I wanted to post a "wanted" thread for a BCD536 but the tapatalk program is rerouting me to site that says I am not logged in. Hoping to pick on up from a dealer somewhere between my trip from Baltimore to Gettysburg tomorrow so immediate help is much appreciated.

Regards

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to post a "wanted" thread for a BCD536 but the tapatalk program is rerouting me to site that says I am not logged in. Hoping to pick on up from a dealer somewhere between my trip from Baltimore to Gettysburg tomorrow so immediate help is much appreciated.

Regards

To post to the classified section on RR, you need to have a premium membership.

Last item in the list under "Premium Subscription Features" at this link:

Premium Subscription Information Page

pgnsucks

To me it makes sense that they charge a little for their classifieds. They are already giving out Freqs, Talkgroups etc for free. As soon as my pension kicks in I will be re-up my membership.

n5ims

Yes, you have to subscribe to sell or buy.........Makes no sense at all.

Actually the premium membership isn't for a revenue stream but more a way to stop scammers or at least attempt to protect the users. For the premium membership a valid credit card, etc. must be provided that makes the user a bit less "anonymous" to the site. If a scammer lists things here and fails to deliver what was paid for, it allows the site's management a way to help provide details to law enforcement to help prosecute them. Now they don't give that information to just anyone, but will (and have in the past) worked with law enforcement to identify and prosecute scammers after those that were scammed filed the necessary claims with the PD and official requests were sent to the site for that information.

This post demonstrates what I'm talking about. http://forums.radioreference.com/sale-feedback-forum/223949-buyers-beware.html#post1630877

ipfd320

Banned
Classified Section

As a Member on Here I Was Interested in Purchasing a Few Items-I Want to Contact the Sellers But When i Click On the Contact Seller it States i Have to be a Premium Member WHY is That

I Dont Think It,s at All Fair to Discriminate Members on Here Which You Are-Wanting to Buy Items that Aren,t Premium Members and at Least be Able to Talk to the Seller Direct

Do You Think It,s Fair that a Seller Isn,t Gonna Sell an Item and Has to Wait for a Premium Member to Grab it Up or Possibly Not Sell the Item at All Because of the Restrictions??

Why Do You Even Have a Classified Section Then If Non-Paying Membership Parties Cant Use the Service

Something Has to Change On Here-To Many UnHappy People Posting/Voicing Concerns About the Way R/R is Being Run and i Agree 100% With Them

Policies Have to Change and Fast at Least for the Classified Area,s--I Am Very Unhappy Because there,s Things I Want to Purchase and Can,t--and I,ll be Dammed to Purchase a Membership on Here Because i Dont Need all The Extra,s You Provide

Please Leave me an EMail @--ipfd320@Yahoo.com on the Answer to this Letter in a Timely Manner Please

n5ims

As a Member on Here I Was Interested in Purchasing a Few Items-I Want to Contact the Sellers But When i Click On the Contact Seller it States i Have to be a Premium Member WHY is That

Read the post just above yours for your answer. To make it easier for you, I'll quote it again here.
Actually the premium membership isn't for a revenue stream but more a way to stop scammers or at least attempt to protect the users. For the premium membership a valid credit card, etc. must be provided that makes the user a bit less "anonymous" to the site. If a scammer lists things here and fails to deliver what was paid for, it allows the site's management a way to help provide details to law enforcement to help prosecute them. Now they don't give that information to just anyone, but will (and have in the past) worked with law enforcement to identify and prosecute scammers after those that were scammed filed the necessary claims with the PD and official requests were sent to the site for that information.

This post demonstrates what I'm talking about. http://forums.radioreference.com/sale-feedback-forum/223949-buyers-beware.html#post1630877

I Dont Think It,s at All Fair to Discriminate Members on Here Which You Are-Wanting to Buy Items that Aren,t Premium Members and at Least be Able to Talk to the Seller Direct

Your quite welcome to your own opinion. I don't believe that except for users with very few non-tavern posts you're prevented form sending a private message to most members (and sellers are members) so you can generally contact them through the site even without being a premium member.

Do You Think It,s Fair that a Seller Isn,t Gonna Sell an Item and Has to Wait for a Premium Member to Grab it Up or Possibly Not Sell the Item at All Because of the Restrictions??

Yes I do believe that it's very fair. What's better, not selling your item until someone that has been "vetted" and is traceable purchases or to sell it to some scammer that found the site, created several different identities, agrees to purchase your item and gives you a bogus payment, which you naturally don't find out it's bogus until after you've already shipped it to him?

Why Do You Even Have a Classified Section Then If Non-Paying Membership Parties Cant Use the Service

Simple, to offer protection from the few non-paying members that were successful in scamming many other members when the policy was that anyone could buy or sell items in this site's classified section.

Something Has to Change On Here-To Many UnHappy People Posting/Voicing Concerns About the Way R/R is Being Run and i Agree 100% With Them

Many more members are quite happy about the rules here or at least feel that they help to keep the site run for the betterment of all. What would you prefer, the site as is, or the site (as several others have done) that just gives you a tease of what's available and when you find something that you really want stops you with a "Wait there buddy, you need to pay to get that!". Just because a vocal few are saying things, doesn't speak for the vast majority of site members.

If you're truly unsatisfied with this site, especially for the very few items that require a premium subscription you have two (well, three really) choices:

1 - Pay the premium fee (much less than a monthly trip to Starbucks, or many other establishments).

2 - Stop visiting the site.

3 (this may not affect your dissatisfaction level, but included for completeness) - Continue to visit the site and stop complaining about what can't/won't be changed. Basically just take what you want and find a new site to do what you can't get to.

Policies Have to Change and Fast at Least for the Classified Area,s--I Am Very Unhappy Because there,s Things I Want to Purchase and Can,t--and I,ll be Dammed to Purchase a Membership on Here Because i Dont Need all The Extra,s You Provide

You can always go to ebay, Craig's List, or many of the other sites that have classified areas. It's not like this is the only site where things (or even scanner related things) are available for sale or trade. I do find it funny that you're "Very Unhappy" because you can't get to one of "The Extra,s You Provide" and don't want to pay a little to get it simply "Because i Dont Need" them.

Oh, if it's simply the cost, there's a way you can get a premium membership without sending any money. Simply start broadcasting a feed and get the Premium Membership in return for providing the feed.

Last edited:

lawman210

Then charge 1.00 like some sites do to verify. I plan on paying a membership fee soon as If I like a site and benefit from it I think the people who spend the time maintaining it should be compensated. I just don't agree that someone should be forced to pay xxx to be able to buy items. Selling is a different story. In my experience members of forums are usually good people. Yes you have bad eggs that happens everywhere but for the most part they are good. Payments can be accepted from sites such as Pay Pal that can nearly cut 100% of fraud and in many instances will take a loss to protect you. As with all purchases members should use common sense and take into account members post count, and how long he has been a member. If a guy is selling something for a price to good to be true, been a member for 3 days and has only 3 posts then if you throw put money that quick shame on you

kd7eir

DO NOT ever consider weakening the current protections that you have implemented (Not that you probably would regardless of complaints.) Your system has PROVEN it's worth.

ipfd320

Banned
Well N5IMS Its People Like You and Your Bashing Comments that Make Others on Here Not Come Back.How Dare You Even Post This to Anyone as You QUOTED:

If you're truly unsatisfied with this site, especially for the very few items that require a premium subscription you have two (well, three really) choices:

1 - Pay the premium fee (much less than a monthly trip to Starbucks, or many other establishments).

2 - Stop visiting the site.

3 (this may not affect your dissatisfaction level, but included for completeness) - Continue to visit the site and stop complaining about what can't/won't be changed. Basically just take what you want and find a new site to do what you can't get to.

I,ll Tell You What WHY Dont You Then Pay for My Premium--All I Did was State the Way I Feel and a Few Other Posters thats It,s Unfair to Single Out NON Premium Members and for People Like Me Who Dont Use Credit Cards or Dont Have Any at All

AS for the Scammers well thats the Chance U Take-EBAY and Other Selling Sites They are There Also.

Credit Cards/Money Orders for Payment well Nomatter What They Got Your Money Anyway,So Cards Have Consumer Protection Big Deal Like i Said They Still Got the Money and You Have to Bust Your *** to Get it Back from the Card Companies so Either Way we Got Kicked

Your Quote:--Simple, to offer protection from the few non-paying members that were successful in scamming many other members when the policy was that anyone could buy or sell items in this site's classified section.

Is Radio Refrence Offering Protection I Think Not-Its Just Another Site to Provide a Service,There Not Liable its a Risk You Take in Purchasing an Item

AS for This Quote You Left:--You can always go to ebay, Craig's List, or many of the other sites that have classified areas. It's not like this is the only site where things (or even scanner related things) are available for sale or trade. I do find it funny that you're "Very Unhappy" because you can't get to one of "The Extra,s You Provide" and don't want to pay a little to get it simply "Because i Dont Need" them.

Oh, if it's simply the cost, there's a way you can get a premium membership without sending any money. Simply start broadcasting a feed and get the Premium Membership in return for providing the feed.[UNQUOTE}

(1) DO You Have an Extra PC for me to Start a Feed and the Time and Money to Maintain It Because I Dont
(2) I Have No Need to Purchase Extras From Here Because i Dont Need Them Again as I Posted
(3) There are a Few Items on Here That EBAY or Craigs List Dont Have so that was a Waste of Letters
(4) UnHappy has Nothing to do With Extra,s-Its the Whole Bashing Thing on Most of The Posts that DisCourage People Like Me and Others to Even Get Knowledge or Help or Try to Leave Somesort of Input to Make a Better Site that Maybe the Upper Brass on Here can Take into Consideration

Another QUOTE you Left:--Your quite welcome to your own opinion. I don't believe that except for users with very few non-tavern posts you're prevented form sending a private message to most members (and sellers are members) so you can generally contact them through the site even without being a premium member {UNQUOTE}

Then Why is there a Contact Seller in the List of Options to Click on-Isnt That a Way to Contact Them???--If I Have to Go Crazy Someother way Then Why is the Option There where i Need to be Premium Member--It Just Dont Make any Sense at all and No Sense What You Quoted

I Can Go On and On with the Bull Crap You Lay on Posters-Your Not the Bigger Man on Here Either is Anyone Else Even Me-- All I Did was State What I Feel is Wrong Not Just For Me but Many Other People in the Same Situation

So Maybe You Should Take a Step Back a Bit and Let the Higher Authority in the Administration Explain to Me Why It,s the Way it is--You Never Know Maybe There is a Way to Turn Things Around

Thats All I Have to Say on This Unless Someone Else Wants to Bash the Hell Out Of Me

Last edited:

kd7eir

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are experiencing some traumatic event in your life and RR Premium has become your scapegoat. That is not an excuse for your behavior in any way, but it's a possible explanation. If that is the case, the next mature, ethical step is a full, unmitigated apology to RR. If the issue is a lack of a credit or debit card, a 90 day subscription is available via mail in payment. If not, then I submit the following -

If you are so darned unhappy with the way things work around here - LEAVE! You are not contributing ANYTHING with your protracted rantings. It's truly OK if you leave - I sincerely doubt that anyone here will miss you - heck, I bet 99.999% of the users do not even know or care that you (or me) are a member here.

This site owes you NOTHING. Buck up, act like a mature adult, and either enjoy what the site has to offer or hit the road. Frankly not having you here will not diminish this site in any possible way.

As for turning things around - YOU are the one that needs to step back and realize that this site is PRIVATE BUSINESS that has no obligation to please you. If I were the owner frankly I would have simply banned you. I run several sites that provide valuable information for free to people, and when someone disrespects my site or me, like you have done here to this site, they are banned by IP, username, email, and if necessary email domain.

I'm not sure why you are so upset over having to pay for something. You can go into a library, read the books for free, even take them home for a time. But if you want a personal copy (premium), you have to take yourself to a bookstore or online retailer and pay for it. Do you expect the bookstore to pay for your book (premium) as you so ridiculously demanded that RR do for you?

You may not realize it, but you are truly only embarrassing yourself with your posts.

ipfd320

Banned
Look Another 2 Bit Moreon thats a Poster Basher-Tell You What Go Back to the So Called Other Sites You Run Because You Arent Doing Any Use Here--I Dont Give a Crap What You Say-and Let Me and the Mgt Talk About It

And its Not Just Me You Moreon it,s a Few Posters Saying the Same About Paying--So Maybe You Should Read the Post From Top to Bottom -Whats the Matter it Bothers You so Much Because i,m Speaking My Mind
It Is a Public Forum and Just Like Everyone Else on the Site I Post on What I Feel Just Like They All Do

If the Mgt Wants to Ban Me so Be it-Its My 1st Amendment Right Anyway

Confuzzled

On the thread topic, I have something I'm considering selling but won't be doing it here. I don't give personal information to websites.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Double post.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

ipfd320 said:
Look Another 2 Bit Moreon thats a Poster Basher-Tell You What Go Back to the So Called Other Sites You Run Because You Arent Doing Any Use Here--I Dont Give a Crap What You Say-and Let Me and the Mgt Talk About It

And its Not Just Me You Moreon it,s a Few Posters Saying the Same About Paying--So Maybe You Should Read the Post From Top to Bottom -Whats the Matter it Bothers You so Much Because i,m Speaking My Mind
It Is a Public Forum and Just Like Everyone Else on the Site I Post on What I Feel Just Like They All Do

Ok really, what's with every word being capitalized? And computers have this thing called spell check...

Really, there is nothing forcing you to be here. If you do not like the policy there is 2 things you can do:

1. Get over it, and play along like 99.99% of people here do. Want to sell or buy? Pay the premium membership so you can enjoy the PRIVLIGE, not the right, of using the classifieds.

2. Get over yourself and move on. Try Craigslist, Kijiji, or EBay if you do not want to pay the premium membership here.

Your whining is annoying, and will get you nowhere. The policy is what it is and I highly doubt the management is going to change it for one whiny member.

Comply and buy/sell or leave.

This is a private website, your 1st amendment means nothing here. If you do not like it? Leave.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, let's keep the personal insults out of the discussion. Anymore will result in infractions being issued.

The policy is there for a reason which has been clearly explained many times. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to do your business. There are lots of alternatives like eBay out there.

If you feel you must make your voice heard, email the owner of the site. I'm sure he'd be willing to hear of any alternatives to the Premium Membership requirement you might have.

I'm glad the policy is in place. I feel somewhat better knowing that the person I'm dealing can be traced through the method used to pay for their Premium Membership.

Last edited:

kd7eir

On the thread topic, I have something I'm considering selling but won't be doing it here. I don't give personal information to websites.

I am not aware of ANY LEGITIMATE website that would allow you to ANONYMOUSLY sell anything. The closest you will get is Craigslist.

kd7eir

The ability to convey one's thought's without cursing and personal attacks is a sign of intelligence. The ability to convey one's thought's with proper spelling and grammar is a sign of intelligence.

1st amendment rights have no protection on a private website.

Accusing others of being morons, while at the same time proffering nothing but virtually unintelligible, misinformed, maniacal rantings is not a sign of intelligence.

Seriously, you will accomplish MUCH MORE with civility than you will with bullying and harping.

Lastly, even if you were given a free premium membership, do you really think that after your protracted tirade and attacks on several members here that anyone would even consider selling or buying anything from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.