Been a whole lot of listening the past three nights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

Heard a Slam 1 calling Slam Ops last night, and Coyote Ops has become a regular it seems and Mighty 08 asking for Minot weather. Then there was some activity on the Canadian channels...and I heard a patch on 8992 the other night that sounded Philipino (that is acting up too)

DPD1

Was the Slam one on something else besides the GCS freqs? Because that would be the guys at March. It would be cool to know if they have a dedicated freq.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

DPD1

I've gotten the SOS 130s from Kirtland a few times. Those were cool. Think the farthest AC I got on the portable was a 130 over Tallahassee... From L.A.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com

karldotcom

I have been using GlobalTuners.com at work....and I must say, I am a little jealous of the reception on some of these stations... I can hear Lajes, Offutt and Andrews all doing radio checks very clear on 11175....

DPD1

I don't know exactly where those stations are, but it definitely helps to get out of the city. If you haven't, try going up to Angeles Crest or out to the desert sometime. I can get Andrews well when the conditions are right just on a whip. But out there in the open on a long wire you can get that, Puerto Rico and others no problem. Or try the hills up in Malibu looking out over the water and you can get some of the HI stuff.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.