been away but found a treasure on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwave2200

Premium Subscriber
This has been my holy grail for some time, I didn't realize they had them new on amazon.

Radio is Great!

Anyone have one of these gems? it has a nice feel to it not cheap not flimsy even the little slide switches feel very sturdy.

reception: GREAT! AM BC band and SW on the whip is great!

I am finally happy!

JonN

Hi. I have that same radio. I'm also very happy with it. I bought it new for about 150€ including shipping. Yeah, that's a great price for a great receiver. Sony makes some really high quality electronics. Why are they high quality? Because they're Japanese. They have way better QC than Chinese manufacturers. I wish they would still be making radios, but they concentrate all of their energy towards game consoles and personal media players nowadays.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I had one for a few years, and it was a super solid receiver. Great SSB performance, and the AM Sync Lock worked very well. I listened to USCG on 5696 all the time, and it provided an excellent signal for decoding WeFAX.

My only complaints:

1. Wish it had a tuning knob.
2. Wish the backlight stayed on for more than 10 seconds.
3. Wish the SCAN function repeated over and over! It worked very well for a HF Scan.

Shortwave2200

Premium Subscriber

JonN

I had one for a few years, and it was a super solid receiver. Great SSB performance, and the AM Sync Lock worked very well. I listened to USCG on 5696 all the time, and it provided an excellent signal for decoding WeFAX.

My only complaints:

1. Wish it had a tuning knob.
2. Wish the backlight stayed on for more than 10 seconds.
3. Wish the SCAN function repeated over and over! It worked very well for a HF Scan.

4. I wish it had a bandwidth switch! I cannot reduce co-channel interference at all without a bandwidth switch.

If they would update this radio they need to add tuning knob and bandwidth switch! Why oh why didn't they include this? They could have made room for another side button.

Status
Not open for further replies.