Been awhile since I've had a scanner, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevermind1281

Uniden BCT15X

Hi. Its been a few years since I had a scanner (used to have a Pro-95). Im looking into the Uniden BCT15X, but just to be safe I have a noob question. Will it receive the police, fire, and ambulance for my county Onondaga County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference ? Also, where is the speaker located on it? I would like to put it either in my glove box or second din slot. Thanks

Last edited:

brusso99

youll get all analog systems on there which looks like only the gas company is on digital but if you want access to everything possible youll need the 996xt or the GRE 600 / RS pro-197..450 to 500 dollars, Let me just say that these radios are extremly frustrating to operate and program, you may not have an issue as there is little to listen too in your area. it fits din slots, i dont think its going to fit a glove box.. why dont you just get a hand held? also if you have a serial port on your computer the uniden comes with a serial cable, other wise you need to but the cable.

Buy from scannermaster.com they are awesome.

or

buy a radioshack try it and if you dont like it return it.

N8IAA

You'll be able to follow everything but the P-25 digital system, and the LTR Passport systems. You will, however, be able to put in the Passport system as conventional frequencies, minus the control channel, and listen that way. You will miss some of what is being said:)
Larry

w0kie

I didn't need digital so I went with the analog Uniden BCT15x and the Butel ARC XT Pro to program it from radioreference.com. This combo works great for my local police, fire etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.