Been out of the game awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchrismon

I had a Uniden Bearcat 396t hate I sold it one of the best scanners in the world but looking to buy another, Go with the 396 or is there a better hand held out there? I have been out of the game a while and remember when scanners were so easy to program etc. Any help in advance would be appreciated. I know now I can listen to any scanner on my smart phone but it's not the same yes better reception but usually you are listening to someone elses program posted on RR. Thanks in advance.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I used to be a big Uniden guy, but I have to say I'm loving my PSR-800's

Easy to use, and offers X2-TDMA.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
If you liked your "T", why not get the XT? It's even better! If you go to the GRE/RS side of the house, you'll be learning a new system, for one. I love my XTs and with Freescan, programming it could not be easier.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
One thing I would say is, read through(and maybe ask) your local forum and see which scanner performs best on your system... Often one radio will do well on one system, but not another. (Even when they may both be, let's say, an 800mhz smartzone system)

dchrismon

Thanks

If you liked your "T", why not get the XT? It's even better! If you go to the GRE/RS side of the house, you'll be learning a new system, for one. I love my XTs and with Freescan, programming it could not be easier.

I will look into that appreciate the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.