Been out of the radio world a bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDDOLLAR

I have a BCD396XT now, I am kicking around the idea of upgrading my radio and scanner setup with the time I have on my hands right now. Is there anything to gain by replacing that scanner? I am thinking of going with a Homepatrol 2 in a mobile install.

Is there anything to gain by replacing that scanner?
I have the 396XT. It's a great receiver as you know.

The only thing you can gain by getting a new radio is the ability to receive Phase II systems.

If you already have your scanner programmed to receive what you want, you should be good to go.

Here's a listing of models for you to review:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396XT now, I am kicking around the idea of upgrading my radio and scanner setup with the time I have on my hands right now. Is there anything to gain by replacing that scanner? I am thinking of going with a Homepatrol 2 in a mobile install.
If you're going to get a new scanner you should get a newer model.

Also, you should keep the 396XT.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The HP2 is a nice radio, however not upgradable for NXDN or DMR/TRBO if you have those in your area you may want to look at another radio 436/536. If you have simulcast in your are you may want to look at a SDS100 or SDS200.

Also suggested to keep the 396XT as a secondary radio. 325P2 is also an option but no homepatrol features (included database)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
The HP2 is a nice radio, however not upgradable for NXDN or DMR/TRBO if you have those in your area you may want to look at another radio 436/536. If you have simulcast in your are you may want to look at a SDS100 or SDS200.

Also suggested to keep the 396XT as a secondary radio. 325P2 is also an option but no homepatrol features (included database)

Agreed. I have a HPII as well and I do like it, but sadly it's been remitted to only a few local conventional systems since it doesn't track my state's P25 PD nor much else from my current home location.
Perhaps one day when I move I'll try loading up the State P25 on it and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.