Before I give a Fathers Day Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljochmann

I bought my dad a Pro 164 for Fathers Day he has a Pro 91. What are the benefits of him having the 164? I know he will say "mine works fine, why did you get me a new one" But he is always complaining that the police go to ?law one? mode and he doesn't get to hear the entire conversation. I was hoping that this new scanner would fix this problem He lives in Elkhart Lake, WI (Sheboygan County). Is there anything I need to do to the scanner before I give it to him later today?

N8IAA

I bought my dad a Pro 164 for Fathers Day he has a Pro 91. What are the benefits of him having the 164? I know he will say "mine works fine, why did you get me a new one" But he is always complaining that the police go to ?law one? mode and he doesn't get to hear the entire conversation. I was hoping that this new scanner would fix this problem He lives in Elkhart Lake, WI (Sheboygan County). Is there anything I need to do to the scanner before I give it to him later today?

My guess is that with the 800mhz ICall, ITac frequencies, they are using one of these. There are a lot of mutual aid frequencies that could be used also. The advantage of the 164 is that you can label the banks which can be seen while scanning. The frequency alphatags make it great to ID what is being heard. I have a Pro-97 and just picked up a Pro-163 base at RS yesterday. I'd be lost without the alphatags:))
He will enjoy the new scanner after getting used to seeing what being heard.
Happy Father's Day to all
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.