Before i pull my hair out

Status
Not open for further replies.

apd3190

What i want to do is import MilAir into my p97. If you go to import from RR database its not there.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There is some stuff in the database, but the majority is in the wiki. You should be able to download the RR stuff using Win97's RR import, but for the other stuff...Start typing...<chuckle>. Of course, a good antenna, preferably outdoors, is a must...although you may hear some of the stronger stuff with indoor antennas...

I don't do RS stuff, but perhaps you can get a .p97 file from someone in the Sticky Thread for Milair in the Maryland forum. Just a thought...73 Mike

apd3190

Thanks Anyway Mike.. You cant get milair freqs from RR download. Had to type in in..2 hours worth..

apd3190

I Know that the frequencies are there and i have looked at them. I guess what im trying to say is that when using Win 97 to import files from RR it breaks it down to conventional or trunk. Then country,state,county and agency. When you do this it don't show the milair frequencies and give you the option to import them.

danyb50

Programming

Although I am new at this .I had to initialize my new GRE PSR300,then using the ARC 300 software in conjunction with Radio Reference site ,I was easily able to program and input all freq. that I wanted then the software and necessary cable (PC/IF) uploaded the freq.and other info to my scanner.Simple.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I Know that the frequencies are there and i have looked at them. I guess what im trying to say is that when using Win 97 to import files from RR it breaks it down to conventional or trunk. Then country,state,county and agency. When you do this it don't show the milair frequencies and give you the option to import them.

I don't use Win97, but I did import the BWI stuff via FreeScan, and it worked fine. All the approach/departure stuff is under the Potomac TRACON, just as it should be - both milair and commercial.

If you don't see that, then a note to Don is in order. There's no database error, as far as I can see. 73 Mike

DonS

I don't use Win97, but I did import the BWI stuff via FreeScan, and it worked fine. All the approach/departure stuff is under the Potomac TRACON, just as it should be - both milair and commercial.

If you don't see that, then a note to Don is in order. There's no database error, as far as I can see. 73 Mike

That specific example shows up in Win97:
File -> Web import -> RadioReference.com -> Conventional frequencies
State: Maryland
County: Anne Arundel
Agency: Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
Category: Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
Sub-cat: Potomac Consolidated Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON)

apd3190

Your right.. Guess i should have taken the time to learn more about the software. I have win 96 and 97 and cant complain one bit, easy to use even for the beginner. Thanks Don for some great software.

Status
Not open for further replies.