Before I sell my 8 & 16 micro SD cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Will my Uniden home patrol utilize the additional space to record etc or is it just wasting the larger card?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
All three versions of the HomePatrol (the HP1, the BCD436HP, and the BCD536HP) will handle 8, 16, and 32GB microSD cards just fine, and use up the space accordingly.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I was also wondering about this. From what I've read, the only recording features on the radio are the last 4 minutes of active audio and the discovery modes. Is there any way to have the radio record more than this, or to selectively choose channels to record all the time?

Jay911

Feed Provider
To expand on UPMan's post, since the radio seems to follow the HomePatrol's design, you can choose to record all channels - there is no per-channel setting, though you can avoid that which you don't want to hear (and thus record).

Max record time, before you ask, is on the order of 60 continuous hours (IIRC - I did the math on this in an earlier thread) with the standard card, and several continuous weeks (that's continuous audio, as in, with all the "quiet gaps removed") with a 32GB card.

lawman210

If you lock the channel channel and start recording it will record even the quiet time correct? So you could record several weeks but have to listen to hours of inactivity

lawman210

Ok cool. So all I need to do is copy all files from 2gb card over to New card and insert?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Ok cool. So all I need to do is copy all files from 2gb card over to New card and insert?

That's pretty much what I did when I migrated my HP1s to 32GB cards. Copy all the files on the original card to a working folder on your computer (if you have to swap cards in order to write to the second one) and then copy to the 32GB card, then put it in the HP1 and off you go.

Gilligan

Database Admin
If you wish to review a specific talkgroup or freq/tone "channel", while NOT in discovery mode, is this possible using only the scanner? I know it's possible to sort using Sentinal software, but can you just review one single channel continuously on the scanner itself? With the old PSR-800, you had to listen to everything recorded in chronological order, which was a pain.

Jay911

Feed Provider
If it hasn't changed since the HomePatrol-1, then no, you can't just review a single channel on the radio itself. They're grouped into batches of files based on a time period (which seems to be either number of files or size of recordings).

When I want to review channels, rather than do it on the radio, I move all the audio files to my computer and use a media cataloging program like MediaMonkey (others use iTunes) to review the files. That way I can sort them easily by channel, talkgroup, frequency, system, department, or whatever I want.

Gilligan

Database Admin
But with discovery mode, you could review channels/talkgroup individually then, correct? (not skipping back and forth between channels chronologically)

lawman210

Are you talking about discovery mode while recording?

Jay911

Feed Provider
But with discovery mode, you could review channels/talkgroup individually then, correct? (not skipping back and forth between channels chronologically)

I don't believe you can. I don't have a computer with Sentinel installed on it in front of me now, and I don't often use Discovery. You might be able to sort by channel, but I can't recall for sure.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Yes. My first question was regarding recording everything in general, and if I understand the answer, the scanner the audio chronologically for you to sort by channel in the Sentinal software.

My second question was in regard to Discovery Mode, and that is are you able to review individual channels in Discovery Mode (trunked or conventional) on the scanner itself? So if I'm discovering talkgroups on a trunked system, can I go back at the end of the day and listen to each talkgroup individually for all the activity on that TG only for the day, one at a time?

lawman210

Just installed all files to a 16 gb card. Seems to work fine. Not sure if it sees all the memory as I haven't found away to check memory on the unit

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just curious, if you have it set to record everything, will it also record searches?

And if so, does it record the PL/DPL tones or NAC that it finds during the search, along with the audio?

Jay911

Feed Provider
The HP1 has Discovery Mode which is recorded and Limit Search which IIRC is not recorded.

In the regular recordings, tones/NAC is saved in a meta tag - I can't remember which one right now, but it's in there. I think it's either ISRC or Conductor. (the same tags that are used for MP3 music are repurposed for various data in HP1 recordings)

Status
Not open for further replies.