Beginner asks about Puzhi SDR devices

exit_plan

Hi,

I just found these forums! I hope you don't mind me asking but I've been wanting to go beyond the RTL-SDR V4 I currently have, and am particularly interested in SDR transceivers. At first I looked at the LimeSDR Mini 2.0 as a possibility, but I'm somewhat confused about availability and the current pricing information I have seems quite steep for what one is getting.

So I started trawling through Aliexpress (a site I usually avoid for some reason), and noticed there's a Chinese(?) company called Puzhi who make SDR devices, such as this one: PZSDR P201 P203_ZYNQ7020+AD936X_PZSDR_Product_Puzhi Electronic Technology (Shanghai) Co. , Ltd

I have been unable to find any independent discussion or reviews of said brand - quality, reliability, compatibility with software, and so on. I would expect/need GNU Radio Companion to work flawlessly with any device I purchased.

I'd very much like to hear informed opinions on this matter.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
So I started trawling through Aliexpress (a site I usually avoid for some reason),
Continue to avoid!

AliExpress is the wild west (actually the wild east). This is the same site that hosts vendors selling 25 or 50 watt handheld radios, and probably unicorns if you search diligently enough.

That you haven't found "any independent discussion or review" should serve as a warning to go play in a different neighborhood.

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
This looks to be an ADALM Pluto clone - at least it uses the same chipset.