Beginner wanting to get into amateur radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigpiggler

I am interested in getting started with an amateur radio but have absolutely no idea on what licensing I need or equipment. I am looking for some assistance on getting me started.

Regards,
Joe

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Here is some information from the Canadian government about amateur radio licensing: Amateur Certification — Fact Sheet - Spectrum management and telecommunications

Also, here's a link to the Radio Amateurs of Canada website. Looks like they have some good information about how to start in amateur radio and a list of clubs. I suggest you find a club in your area. At a club, you can meet other amateur radio operators and get to know about amateur radio activities in your area. I don't see any club listings for Cochrane, but it looks like there are a couple of clubs in Calgary. Radio Amateurs of Canada – Welcome to the Radio Amateurs of Canada website!

rigpiggler

Thank you very much for this.

Here is some information from the Canadian government about amateur radio licensing: Amateur Certification — Fact Sheet - Spectrum management and telecommunications

Also, here's a link to the Radio Amateurs of Canada website. Looks like they have some good information about how to start in amateur radio and a list of clubs. I suggest you find a club in your area. At a club, you can meet other amateur radio operators and get to know about amateur radio activities in your area. I don't see any club listings for Cochrane, but it looks like there are a couple of clubs in Calgary. Radio Amateurs of Canada – Welcome to the Radio Amateurs of Canada website!

Status
Not open for further replies.