Beginners Help for WS1040 - Goderich area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starkeeper

I had a scanner many years ago that was very simple to program. I just purchased a ws1040 whistler digital trunking scanner and the problem I am having is I cant get anything except the weather channel! I have manually put in frequencies for my area and also have done a complete scan and nothing! I live near Goderich in south western Ontario any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

starkeeper

I tried sending a private message but it wont let me do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...........Rick

mciupa

I tried sending a private message but it wont let me do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...........Rick

Because you are a new member, your posts are moderated and the messaging function is not available as yet.

The reason for this rule is because spammers would blitz the forums with posts to get to approved posting status.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

gary123

starkeeper: i recommend fleetnet and the huron TG. You will want the London North TG for EMS and London Tac 3. The MTO im not sure of the TG for that area. Also add in the conventional Fire freq for Goderich and that should get you going.

Hopefully you will get enough posts for gymbag to send you the file you need. Everyone here in the Ontario forums are very helpfull, come to think of it everyone here at RR is heplful .

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Starkeeper, do you have an email address I can contact you at? Do you have a programming cable for your radio?

CanWoodsman

Not much help on your programing issue as I have a different scanner but I'm just up the road in Seaforth.
I have no problem with OPP, MNR, local fire and some MOH. Too many ambulance channels will overwhelm other channels. I stick to local hospital patches & air ambulance.

mciupa

and yes I have a cable and I have also downloaded PSREdit.com it wont let me do anything

You could also consider using WIN500 software. It is available as a thirty day free trial. You could load your scanner up with plenty of stuff within that time.

Since you have a Premium Membership, you could use the Web Import feature. I see that you have reached Member status in the forums. You should be able to use Private Messaging now. :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
PSREdit should do the trick for you. I can send you a file for it if need be to get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.