Bekeley Hts, Summit P25, Rahway SP & Other New Freqs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Sitting around bored so I did some ULS searching for here in Union County. Came up with a few freqs not in the database, a few new, and a few which I didn't recognize. All are active FCC licenses...

Licensee: Berkeley Heights Rescue Squad Inc.
WQOT556
460.3875 - 1 base / 45 mobiles / 40 pagers / 32w / FMN
463.3875 - 45 mobiles / 30w / FMN
*New ops frequency?

Licensee: NJ Dept. of Corrections
KNJH416
154.7400 - 10 mobiles / 5w / FM
*Possibly fence alarms? Ops are on 860/815MHz

Licensee: Mulhenberg Regional Medical Center
WPMG500
163.2500 - 1 base / 25 pagers / 100w / FM

Licensee: Roselle Park, Borough of
155.2575 - 1 Base / 50 mobiles / 0 pagers / 35w / FMN

And Summit. Could these possibly be for the planned P25 system for the stalled New Prov-Summit merger?

Licensee: Summit Police
WQDR764 - 11K3F1D and 11K3F3E on all channels
476.0375 - 1 Base / 0 mobiles / 0 pagers / 50 w / Class FX1 & Mobile
476.1375 - 1 Base / 0 mobiles / 0 pagers / 50 w / Class FX1 & Mobile
476.1875 - 1 Base / 0 mobiles / 0 pagers / 50 w / Class FX1 & Mobile
479.0375 - 250 Mobiles / 0 pagers / 35w / Class FB2 & Mobile
479.1375 - 250 Mobiles / 0 pagers / 35w / Class FB2 & Mobile
479.1875 - 250 Mobiles / 0 pagers / 35w / Class FB2 & Mobile

Any leads here??

And also, again, thanks to a $17.5M Homeland Security matching grant...this will be online this year. Bye bye EDACS, hello Moto...
Trunked Public Safety 700 MHz License - WQOM626 - UNION, COUNTY OF NJ

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
W2MJR,

Nice catch of new "active" licenses! However, though they are active on paper they may not be used on a regular basis or are for future use. One reason they are not in the RR database, no one has yet submitted them to RR as actually being used or in use. This info usually consists of system type, freq and PL/DPL/NAC. RR depends on user accurate submissions. Lindsy does not want RR to just be a mirror FCC license data base site I am sure you know this.
What is needed is members close to this area to monitor these new frequencies and if confirmed activity then submit the info to RR.
As a DB admin, I constantly look ant new FCC licenses and if I am close enough, I'll monitor and add the data when necessary. As for myself I cant cover the whole state. I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Thanks again for your efforts and searching.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
W2MJR,

Nice catch of new "active" licenses! However, though they are active on paper they may not be used on a regular basis or are for future use. One reason they are not in the RR database, no one has yet submitted them to RR as actually being used or in use. This info usually consists of system type, freq and PL/DPL/NAC. RR depends on user accurate submissions. Lindsy does not want RR to just be a mirror FCC license data base site I am sure you know this.
What is needed is members close to this area to monitor these new frequencies and if confirmed activity then submit the info to RR.
As a DB admin, I constantly look ant new FCC licenses and if I am close enough, I'll monitor and add the data when necessary. As for myself I cant cover the whole state. I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Thanks again for your efforts and searching.

I understand all that. Hence why I put them up for discussion and didn't just submit. ;-)

However, with so many people in Union County who monitor public safety, and so many on the inside also, I figured that someone would have heard something in regard to these changes for the above municipalities. Summit's possible P25 TRS is no shock, since them and New Providence have been supposed to merge services for about the last decade. And the hardware for it is in place. But that license was recent, so I was curious as to maybe it had finally gotten a nudge forward.

Also fwiw, I got signal on the Union County 700MHz system today. Lasted all of 2secs on 773.45625 P25, then nothing else. Think there may be a possibility that the techs in Westfield are preping or testing new equipment to go to the sites. Construction deadline is supposed to be August 1st.

Last edited:

RatRadio

Premium Subscriber
New Providence PD

Does anyone know if NPPD has moved to another frequency? I know they're usually pretty quiet but I have not heard anything in days and I leave the radio on all day at work.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if NPPD has moved to another frequency? I know they're usually pretty quiet but I have not heard anything in days and I leave the radio on all day at work.

Just heard them on their own channel here in Garwood, albeit with a not so amazing signal.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I'll add them all onto a blank system and see if they ever come alive.
That is except for the digital P25's, I don't have a digital scanner yet.
Guess I'll be needing one sooner then I thought.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I'll add them all onto a blank system and see if they ever come alive.
That is except for the digital P25's, I don't have a digital scanner yet.
Guess I'll be needing one sooner then I thought.

Yup, still to be seen. It's a 10 year old plan still never yet completed. The merger is supposed to have now been approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.