Belden 9269 RG 62 A/U

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMD91123

I came upon a bout a 7-10 lenght of ths cable. Would dthis be good antenna for scanner purposes ? Scanners are a PRO-2043 and PRO 95. Or couls I stip this lenght and make a makeshift antenna to tape along the house ?

KC0QNB

93 ohm cable,
A quote from a cable distributer.
"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1] This is not much used nowadays. 93 ohms was once used for short runs such as the connection between computers and their monitors because of low capacitance per foot which would reduce the loading on circuits and allow longer cable runs."
7-10 feet won't help much but you can play with it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

hoser147

I am using Belden RG 62 Works great for me, picked up a 500ft spool for 10bucks at a Trade show. I can tell you it has a copper core and copper braid. Ive got 3 runs of it approx 60 ft long. Works great no complaints here. I just purchased some LMR 400 and with the RG62 less than a year old Im going to wait to run the LMR 400. I pickup stations 60 miles out with a discone, scantenna, and a 800mhz antenna all fed with the 62. What are you out you might as well play around with it. Even when I run my LMR Im going to keep the short jumpers Ive made to go from the splitter to the scanners. Good Scannin Hoser

hoser147

It should work fine, I only have a couple of small Airports around me, dont have any trouble listening to the traffic from them. As far as other traffic, it works great for me, if it didnt I would have it outa there and the LMR ran already. Hey the price is right so its just a little time. Good Scannin Hoser

EMD91123

Last question ? the cable has 2 male connections on each ened and I have no antenna to connect to. Is there a way I can turn this into a makeshift antenna and tape it to the outside of the house ?

EMD91123

Really worked like a Charm. I even gaines a bit of distance on 118-136. Recieveing 3 more weather stations in Florida here in Tampa(MELBOURNE,JAX,and,I beleieve a transmitter that was handling Cirus and Levy area. Unfortunately for those of us under Chapter 7, free means a world of difference.

lorin

scanner Coax

so what is the best scanner coax to have. I need a 100' run from an outside antenna. I need PL 259 connectors on the ends and I am not transmitting with it only receiving from my scanner. Anyone have any sugguestions? I see there are lots of types out there?

Thanks

Lorin

hoser147

Really worked like a Charm. I even gaines a bit of distance on 118-136. Recieveing 3 more weather stations in Florida here in Tampa(MELBOURNE,JAX,and,I beleieve a transmitter that was handling Cirus and Levy area. Unfortunately for those of us under Chapter 7, free means a world of difference.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Good Scannin Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.