Bell County/Fort Hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod1

I was wondering if there any members that monitor Fort Hood on a routine basis. I retired from Fort Hood two years ago as an Emergency Services Dispatcher. I know their MP dispatch and EMS are encrypted and fire services are in the clear. For the past month I have been receiving MP dispatches on an intermittent basis. Not every day, and not all day, but on a very regular basis. And dispatch only, not the mobiles/patrols. Would this be an indication they’re having a malfunction with their system they’re not aware of? Just curious.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I have monitored Fort Hood in my travels. It could be that Dispatch is talking on several TGs at once (multicast). Similar to what DPS does, you'll only hear the dispatch side unless you're monitoring the TG that the mobile is on.

Tramagod1

But I shouldn’t be hearing anything from the MP’s, they’re encrypted, dispatch and mobiles, which was my original point.

Deadguy

Odds are that they are, indeed, having issues. Most of the time it's operator error on the HT user side. In my experience a key will drop and instead of rekeying users will just start flipping the switch over to clear.

As far as dispatch goes, the base I'm currently monitoring is going through the same issue. I have 100% conformation that they are supposed to be fully encrypted. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what the issues are because I don't have any experience with that console.

Tramagod1

That’s what’s odd though. I have worked these consoles for 8 years. I recognize the voices, I know the call signs, but I know they’re encrypted. But it’s very irregular, I didn’t hear them at all today, but I do hear them on most days, but not all day. Just a few hours at a time.

N5XPM

That’s what’s odd though. I have worked these consoles for 8 years. I recognize the voices, I know the call signs, but I know they’re encrypted. But it’s very irregular, I didn’t hear them at all today, but I do hear them on most days, but not all day. Just a few hours at a time.

It’s possible this is a user problem they are not yet aware of.

Tramagod1

Exactly what my thoughts were. Unfortunately, when I retired from Fort Hood I erased every phone number from my phone associated with Fort Hood and anybody working there, or otherwise I would let them know.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
FOrt Hood usually keeps their system maintained. Dailey-Wells was their prime contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.