Bell Fleetnet down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RClary11

I haven't heard much for a while on Bell Fleetneet. I am in Tillsonburg in Oxford County. Anyone else have this issue? I wonder if the system is down for maintenance?

rdesutter

Premium Subscriber
RClary.... are you still having issues? i've noticed OPP have been gone from the system for about 2 weeks for me... I am picking up EMS like always. Scanning in St. Thomas

ve3tej

Premium Subscriber
Just turned on the Alymer tower and I am picking up OPP on the Oxford, Elgin and Haldimand talkgroups plus ambulance on the London East.

Everything looks ok to me

LanDylan

For 3 days, I haven't been able to hear Midland, Penatang, Wasaga Beach, Collingwood OPP. Anyone else with this issue?

Is it my scanner or is this blackout the result of the server crash?

VE3JSO

For 3 days, I haven't been able to hear Midland, Penatang, Wasaga Beach, Collingwood OPP. Anyone else with this issue?

Is it my scanner or is this blackout the result of the server crash?
what type of scanner do you have? can you get the control channel or is it just the talk group? if you can get the control channel check your scanner settings and make sure nothing that you want is locked out to see if that solves the issue

4runnerDude

Fleetnet

Hey Guys. I was wondering too. Put my fleetnet bank on SEARCH and found multiple talk groups using a numbered TGID that didn't appear in the database page (I usually receive Middlesex and Elgin County plus TACs etc.).

Checked just now and they're back on the standard TGID. Not sure if system maintenance or something is going on or they're trying to f*&k with us. haha

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
No one's trying to mess with you or your scanner, the OPP dont do anything because of a few people who listen.

You and everyone else who cannot 'hear' the OPP and anything on Fleetnet, you either dont have your scanner properly set up or do not have the correct talkgroups in your scanner.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys. I was wondering too. Put my fleetnet bank on SEARCH and found multiple talk groups using a numbered TGID that didn't appear in the database page (I usually receive Middlesex and Elgin County plus TACs etc.).

Checked just now and they're back on the standard TGID. Not sure if system maintenance or something is going on or they're trying to f*&k with us. haha

What multiple talkgroups appeared? I really doubt that you have found anything new but I am betting that whatever these talkgroups are, they appear to be used with maybe the MTO Enforcement talkgroups.

If there were any new talkgroups added, I expect someone like Forts to pick up on this and provide al lof us with the info.

SCPD

QRT
Seem to have the same problem with my PSR 800 when I lock on to the Britannia tower. I usually only hear OPS38 and OPS40 and sometimes I hear all the GTA talkgroups....

4runnerDude

No, my scanner is properly setup. These are the TGID's in my Quick Save Group:

8339 and 8259. In fact the OPP are using 8339 at 401/402 split RIGHT NOW.

To the user about the OPP not caring, the "haha" meant that comment was in jest.

4runnerDude

In case any of you are concerned about my scanner setup and what TGID I'm listening to, here is a pic of the scanner view while OPP were transmitting about accidents on highways 401 and 402 (snowy here).

Don't worry guys, not a scanner noob. ;)

Attachments

• New TGID 2013-12-14 2PM - Chatham and Middlex OPP.jpg
    New TGID 2013-12-14 2PM - Chatham and Middlex OPP.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 422

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
If you are seeing talkgroups in use that aren't in the database, I'd be willing to bet they are patched groups and your scanner is showing it as such. Around the London area, Elgin and ChathamKent are patched almost all the time, and depending on staffing sometimes Middlesex get's thrown into the mix too.

If you are missing transmissions there are some things to check. First off, what type of scanner are you using? In a patch situation this can determine what you will hear. For example, lets say you live in St. Thomas and you have Elgin OPP programmed in, but not CK (or maybe you have them locked out). On that particular day the Comm Centre setups up a patch between the 2 groups with CK being the supergroup. Now, depending on your make/model of scanner... You might be ok or you may hear nothing at all. If you have an older digital scanner, it doesn't understand whats going on with the patch, so if you don't have CK programmed in and active, you are SOL. If you have a newer model it will properly follow the patch and everything will carry on as normal. My Pro-106 will show 'PTCH' on the display when a transmission is taking place on a patched group... I don't recall if any of the Unidens display anything or not.

Anyhow, just something to look into if you are having issues. I'm listening around the London area pretty much 7 days a week and I haven't noticed anything abnormal.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The picture proves that your scanner could use some tweaking as far as settings go.

You don't have it set to ignore status bits which is causing you some confusion.

You're actually listening to talkgroup 8336 which is in the database as Middlesex OPP.

It's showing as 8339 because it's patched with some other talkgroup.

You can read up on it here:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Motorola_Talkgroups

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No, my scanner is properly setup. These are the TGID's in my Quick Save Group:

8339 and 8259. In fact the OPP are using 8339 at 401/402 split RIGHT NOW.

To the user about the OPP not caring, the "haha" meant that comment was in jest.

....and as Mike just mentioned, 8339 is Middlexsex patched (8336 + 3) and 8259 is Elgin patched (8256 + 3).

4runnerDude

Cool, thanks. After a while of just ignoring status bits, I figured I'd see what it's all about. Guess I shouldn't have just turned it on and waited to see something happen. haha

Gotta love the internet! Thanks again.

4runnerDude

To be honest, the pic posting was kind of a +1 to help get through my first 4 moderator-censored (read "delayed") postings.

Good forum folks. I figured if there was a new talkgroup this would be the place to find it!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
In case any of you are concerned about my scanner setup and what TGID I'm listening to, here is a pic of the scanner view while OPP were transmitting about accidents on highways 401 and 402 (snowy here).

Don't worry guys, not a scanner noob. ;)

I think you have a 396T? If so in order to hear a patched talkgroup (the picture you posted shows the TG +3, that indicates that it is patched) you have to enter in both talkgroups that are patched.

I.E. I monitor Burlington 5 Charley. When I had my 396T in scan, not search mode, I had to enter in both the Burlington talkgroup and the Niagara because they are always patched.

Same thing with Port Credit, they are patched with Cambridge.

In addition, the MTO Enforcement talkgroups and MNR are often patched with some of the OPP talkgroups, especially on weekends and late in the day.
I dont really know much about who is patched west of Norfolk and Oxford, Forts or someone else can tell you if the MTO Enforcement talkgroups and even the MNR Romeo units are patched. I monitor the Brantford tower and Cayuga and I havent really noticed patches with the MTO Enforcement and regular OPP talkgroups.

Its best then, to enter into your scanner as many of the talkgroups as you can, Your scanner can easily hold a ton of systems and I think, 200 talkgroups to one system.

This was you wont miss out on anything if you have the talkgroups all in.

If you have a 396XT, its different. You dont need to worry much about patches as the scanner will be able to follow communications as long as one of the talkgroups is in while scanning in scan mode.

And finally, the best way to know what talkgroups are active at any given time, read up on Trunk 88. Its essential to really see every bit of activity on fleetnet and some other Motorola systems like Fleetnet.

If you have an old scanner you can learn how to tap your scanner. It will show you what talkgroups are active at any given time, the history, the active patches, etc.

Do a little research on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.