Bell Fleetnet Essex/Windsor region, silent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone experience days when Fleetnet in Windsor just stops talking? It's happening again to me today where there's complete silence on the system. Other days this will happen and it just comes back all of a sudden.

I'm using a Pro97. Nothing has changed on the scanner since last night when Fleetnet was busy. Just trying to figure out what causes this.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I am noticing the same thing from this side of the border. I have noticed that the data channels are harder to hear as well. It's like the power on the Essex and Windsor towers has been turned down. However, there is a complete lack of activity on the other channels at each site as well.

Looks like some changes have been made?

73's

Ron

SCPD

QRT
it's odd since when i just go to the control channels in manual mode i can hear them, so they are talking, just not picking them up on the tgids.

SCPD

QRT
Trying to scan the bank now in open mode not closed so will stop on any transmission not just the tgid's i put in. Waiting to see if it stops on anything now. so far nothing though. Just wish I knew what caused this. It's frustrating.

Thunderbolt said:
I am noticing the same thing from this side of the border. I have noticed that the data channels are harder to hear as well. It's like the power on the Essex and Windsor towers has been turned down. However, there is a complete lack of activity on the other channels at each site as well.

Looks like some changes have been made?

73's

Ron

DaveH

photodreamer said:
it's odd since when i just go to the control channels in manual mode i can hear them, so they are talking, just not picking them up on the tgids.

Do you have the Alternate CC programmed in? Is the site switching CC's, and
possibly the PRO-97 isn't handling the switchover, if that's what's happening?

Dave

SCPD

QRT
I'm trying to reprogram that bank now for fleetnet but can't find proper instructions anywhere. Hopefully someone can help. When I go to the CCs in manual mode i can hear them talking, but not when i scan. All the documentation for the pro97 just shows how to program Motorola 800 systems, not these 140's VHF fleetnet Motorola systems. Wish I got a PC cable with this thing.

DaveH said:

Dave

SCPD

QRT
Forgot to mention that i had all the frequencies listed programmed in for the CC's. The alternates and the rest. It was working just fine last night, so not sure what the problem is. I have poor documentation on how to program it properly for fleetnet. I see the post here for uniden scanners, and a pro96, but not pro97. The manual is useless.. The easier to read one online isn't much help either. Since they never talk about programming this sort of system. Just the 800mhz ones, and 400mhz.

DaveH said:

Dave

Josh

I listen to the system on an Astro Saber and/or Astro Spectra, when I do listen to fleetnet, some days are indeed dead, and it's disappointing, but I'm going to have to say it's not your radio that's at fault.

-Josh

SCPD

QRT
Thanks, it's just sad since I'm talking to my friend on MSN and he lives just a 5 min. drive from me and he can hear them on his Uniden 246.

Now that I tried to program it again, it's all messed up. I really miss having pc software to program with. Any other system is simple to program, but there's so little info about programming the fleetnet.

Josh said:
I listen to the system on an Astro Saber and/or Astro Spectra, when I do listen to fleetnet, some days are indeed dead, and it's disappointing, but I'm going to have to say it's not your radio that's at fault.

-Josh

DaveH

I don't have a PRO-97 but have heard of some annoyances when using it
on Fleetnet. It doesn't have the right step to get exact frequencies
for 15kHz channel spacing, and the Zero-Matic function has something
to do with it. If the CC is 142.905 it may round down to 142.900 or
maybe up to 142.9125, so maybe the CC decoding is not reliable; maybe
the Zero-Matic needs to be set on or off (need to check with a '97 owner
on this one).

As for the programming problem, check the archives here, perhaps
under the RadioShack Scanners area.

Dave

SCPD

QRT
thanks dave, yeah i noticed at least one of the cc's rounded off. no idea how to shut off zero matic though. i will hunt around on the boards. till i can get a programming cable.

DaveH said:
on this one).

Dave

SCPD

QRT
just reading now on this easier to read manual online and it says "These scanners will not trunktrack VHF systems" which makes no sense to me since it has been since i got it. the pro94 does too, so not sure why the pro97 wouldn't. sigh.. i'm beginning to regret ever buying this radio shack scanner. i miss my unidens.

DaveH said:
on this one).

Dave

SCPD

QRT
frankh said:
perhaps the problem you're seeing is that they're patched Chatham and Essex together and they're on ops 3 rather then ops 5

not sure what you mean by ops 3 and ops 5?

williams63

Turn Off ZEROMATIC BY :

F KEY + 0

( thats ZERO )

** Black Function Key ,just marked "F" plus Zero " 0"

whola :- )

Good Signals!

photodreamer said:
thanks dave, yeah i noticed at least one of the cc's rounded off. no idea how to shut off zero matic though. i will hunt around on the boards. till i can get a programming cable.

SCPD

QRT
is something supposed to show on the display when I do this? there's no way for me to tell if its on of off. do i do it while it's scanning ? or in program mode?

sorry for all the questions. been using uniden for so long. all new to RS.

williams63 said:
Turn Off ZEROMATIC BY :

F KEY + 0

( thats ZERO )

Good Signals!

SCPD

QRT
those are all digital tgid's though. the pro97 doesn't even get them. I'm not trying to listen to OPP. Just the analog part of fleetnet for MOH hospital patches and dispatches.

ve3nsv said:
8240 203 D 1OPS03 Chatham-Kent 6Delta
8256 204 D 1OPS04 Elgin 6Papa
8272 205 D 1OPS05 Essex 6Echo

Taken right from the Radioreference Database.

SCPD

QRT
I read now that zeromatic just works when searching far as i know. not when entering frequencies for a motorola trunk system.

"Whenever this feature is turned on, Zeromatic ON briefly appears then zm will turn to ZM and the scanner will automatically tune to the correct center frequency (or the step increment closest to the correct center frequency). When searching with Zeromatic off, ZM turns back to zm and the scanner will unmute faster on a detected signal but the frequency may not be the correct center frequency. Zeromatic works only in search bands SR3, SR4, SR5 and SR6.
To turn Zeromatic Tuning on or off for the band, press FUNC then 0 when searching."

williams63 said:
Turn Off ZEROMATIC BY :

F KEY + 0

( thats ZERO )

Good Signals!

Status
Not open for further replies.