Bell Fleetnet System in Chapleau

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. This is coolguy. I just have a question for anyone on here, if anyone would know anything about it. I am from Chapleau, I was just curious and wondering if anyone on here would happen to know or would have any idea as to when or if they will be switching over to the Bell Fleetnet System here in Chapleau. Because so far, here in Chapleau, as well as in Wawa and White River, we are still on the NOR system for the OPP, and everything else is still the same on the regular freq's. So if anyone on here knows when, let me know. Thanks. I will be waiting for any replies to this E-mail.

Coolguy

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've heard that all of Zone 3 will be swapped over by sometime in September.

dvdbir

Timmins partially switched over

I know for sure, that the Ministry of Natural Resources has now made the switch to the new system. I have heard their units talking from north of Timmins to as south as Temagami and Iron Bridge areas. They are using portables only. The Ministry of Transportation was also doing testing last week.

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. So Mike you are saying that you think sometime in September, they will be switching over here to the Bell Fleetnet System here in Chapleau, or what. Let me know, just so I can have an idea as to when they do switch. So will I still be able to hear them on my scanner that I have now. I have a Radio Shack Pro 2045. Or will I need one of those Digital Scanners. Let me know. When they do switch, how will I know, will the OPP say something that they are switching over, or what is the sign, just so I will have an idea to know that they have finally switched over. Also dvdbir you said that the MNR have already switched over in Timmins. Would you happen to know what new freq's they are on now, if I would still be able to hear them the next time I go to Timmins. Also in Timmins, is everything still on the old system, like is the OPP still on there NOR system, EMS still the same, etc. Let me know. Also let me know if there are any other new freq's for Timmins that has to do with the Bell Fleetnet System, so if there is, I can have them put in and ready for when I go there next time. Thanks. I will be waiting for any replies to this E-mail.

Coolguy

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
All I said was that all of Zone 3 is supposed to be all switched over by the end of September. I do not have the dates that each individual detachment is switching over.

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. Ok Mike. So another thing I was wondering, would Chapleau be part of Zone 3 for the new Bell Fleetnet System or is it another zone. Ok I will be waiting for the end of September to come to see if we will be switched over from the NORS System to the Bell Fleetnet System. Also when they do switch, will I still be able to hear them with my scanner that I have, a Radio Shack PRO 2045. Or will I need one of those Digital Scanners, for me to be able to hear the OPP again. But when they do switch over and they start using there new VR (Vehicular Repeater Channels), that I should be able to hear along with other freq's like that with my PRO 24045. So let me know if I will have to eventually change to a digital scanner. Also I will be waiting for any replies to my other questions that I asked in this E-mail. Thanks.

Coolguy

mciupa

Database Admin
Chapleau is in Zone 3. You will need a trunktracking scanner that trunktracks VHF.
You will not hear OPP like you are used to without a digital scanner.
The VR freq's will allow you to hear comms if you are close by . Are you near a highway ?
Is listening to the OPP worth the hundreds of dollars you will spend on a new scanner ?
Is there anything else up there that a digital scanner would be useful for ?

For now put in 142.170 in your scanner. That signal is out of Wawa. Tell me what you are hearing.

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. This is for mciupa. Yes I am close to some hwy's. If you look at a map where Chapleau is, you will see 3 hwy's by us. Those Hwy's would be: 101 East - To Timmins, 101 West - To Wawa & 129 - To Thessalon. I also enjoyed listening to the OPP. I listen to them every time North Bay brings up the tower to talk to one of the units from here or when North Bay would bring up our tower along with the Wawa and White River Towers altogether. So yah I enjoy listening to them. And all the other stuff I hear here in Chapleau is: Fire, EMS, MTO, Railway, Taxi, Truckers, Aircrafts. So I dunno if a digital scanner would be for me, unless from after what I just told you what else I hear here. And if you would think that would be the best thing to get. Let me know. For that freq: 142.170 - which you say is Wawa. I just put it in, and I haven't heard anything yet. If I hear anything I will let you know. What is it that you say I should hear on it from here in Chapleau. Also just to let you know, I am hearing 4 other freq's and they are: 142.695, 142.275, 143.070 & 142.140. These 4 freq's, all I am hearing on them is, they come on for a few seconds, then go away. It keeps on doing this. Also for those freq's, I am not hearing any voice on them. So if you can give me some info on them, I would appreciate it. Another thing, on the SCANONT Yahoo Groups Page, someone on there just sent a post this morning saying that Wawa just got their training done for the New Bell Fleetnet System, and they should be online on Monday. So I was just wondering if you heard about that to. So if there is anything else I should know about the New Bell Fleetnet System coming here in Chapleau, let me know. I will be waiting for your reply and any other replies from anyone else. Thanks.

Coolguy

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Coolguy, you have posted the same message 4 times! There is no reason to keep reposting the same message over and over.

I'm sure when mciupa or somebody else has something to add to this thread they will jump in.

Until then, have some patience and stop posting the same message!

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. I am just letting you know on here that Wawa area units plus the units here in Chapleau are now on there new system as of yesterday (Monday Aug 14). So far I am just hearing them on the VR 01 - Vehicular Repeater - 410.8625. I am hearing both sides of the comms (North Bay & The Units). Also to let you know, from here in Chapleau I am able to hear the comms from North Bay to the Units in the Wawa and White River area talking, as well from our units here in Chapleau (when they do talk). So far it hasn't been that active. I heard them talking yesterday afternoon for a little bit, then after that nothing until this morn around 9:00 AM. I guess just not that much stuff going on for them to talk. Or would they be talking on another channel, that I would be to far to hear them. Or would it just be then that there isn't that much stuff going on around here in Chapleau, Wawa or White River. Let me know.

Now I just have a few questions to ask.

1st: On the old NORS system, when North Bay brought up the towers to do a broadcast of a stolen vehicle or a missing person. I was just wondering how that would work now. How would North Bay do that kind of broadcast now with this new system.
2nd: For the OPP and their talkgroups. If I bought a digital Scanner for that some time in the near future. I was just wondering for here in Chapleau. Would I hear pretty much the same thing on there talkgroup(s), (what ever their talkgroup(s) is for here and in the Wawa & White River area), that I would hear on the say VR - Vehiclualr Repeater Channel. The only channel I hear so far. Or would I hear more stuff on their talkgroup(s) than on their VR channel. I just want to know, to see if it would be any point then to get a Digital Scanner for here, if I am able to hear the OPP with my PRO 2045 that I have. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies from anyone to this E-mail. Thanks again.

Coolguy

canada_jer

Hey Coolguy I'm south of you on St. Joseph Island, just southeast of Sault Ste. Marie.
I too noticed my usual police freq went quiet a couple weeks ago.
I am waiting for delivery of my BC796D in the next couple days so I can get the new digital signal from the Fleetnet setup.
I was scanning around today to see what control channels I could find, compared to the lists on this site.
I found several new fleetnet freqa that I couldn't figure out a source from. From signal strength I wonder if it was towers in the Sault, since there are none listed for Zone 3.
Anyways I am trying to narrow down the source for these fleenet freq for zone 3, it'll be much easier to solve when I get the new scanner this week.
The freq's are....
All but the last 3 freq were fairly strong signal strength.
Anyways hopefully we can get Zone 3 figured out shortly.

PS This is my first post on this site. It's a great resource!!

SCPD

QRT
Hello again. Just another update for everyone on here. I am still hearing everything on the vehicular Repeater - 410.8625. From here in Chapleau, as well as officers still from the Wawa, White River Sault area & Hwy 556 & on Hwy 17 to the Sault and a little bit on the other side of the Sault. As well as officers in or around Goulais River and Garden River. So still the normal stuff going on. I have also heard them on SIM 11 a couple of times to.

This message here is for canada_jer. Your Old NOR System is going to be quiet now forever. Never to be heard from again. When you get your new scanner or even now. Just enter in their VR 01 - Vehicular Repeater - 410.8625. This one you will hear all or most of the communications on. Pretty much exactly the same stuff as I would be hearing here in Chapleau. You can also put in their SIM 11 - 148.765. You will hear them on here to. All depends if they are using it or not. Other than that. That is all I have to tell you about the New Freq's for the OPP.

Now this question is for anyone to answer. When I do get a Digital Scanner sometime in the near future. I was just wondering if anyone on here would happen to know what the talkgroups are for the OPP here in Chapleau. As well as for the OPP in: Wawa, White River, and the Sault Area. Just so it will save me some time in searching for them. And just so I can just punch them in right away and start listening to them, so I won't miss anything important that day. Just in case there just happens to be something going on that day I eventually get a Digital Scanner. So any help would be really appreciated.

Also if there is anything else I should know about the Bell Fleetnet System for the OPP that I don't know of yet, let me know. Or anything else like the MNR, MTO & Ambulance. Like when would they be changing over here in Chapleau, Wawa and White River. Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this E-mail. Thanks again.

Coolguy.

Status
Not open for further replies.