Bell Fleetnet Zone2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawket

I currently monitor a Fleetnet Tower here in Ontario with my Uniden 996T Scanner which I have programmed to listen to the OPP, MTO,MOH,. I also monitor a conventional channel as well at the same time which is a OPP Repeater Channel. I have a good siginal for this Bell Fleetnet Tower and sometimes I can go for 12 to 24 hours and never hear anything off this Tower(OPP,MTO,MOH) and other times this things going off every few minutes or so, but I will hear during those times the Repeater Channel on the Conventional Channel. I was just wondering why this happens? and was wondering if anybody has been having the same things happen.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
One thing I can think of is that perhaps they switch control channels for some reason.

Do you have the scanner set up for Control Channel Only trunking?

If you only have 141.420 entered and they switch over to the alternate 142.665 then you will miss out on the comms.

So, add the alternate or even all freq's for that site and see if that corrects the problem.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
My ideas.

1) Are you getting the control channel when its silent (do you see the control channel freq at the bottom)

2) The repeaters are pretty powerfull maybe most times the units are hitting another tower but then when they are closer to you (when you hear them on the conventional) youll also get them on the tower.

The repeaters are not always on.. however I suspect something is up if you get lots of activity one time then none on other times

Status
Not open for further replies.