BELL Zone 4 NW Ont Control Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
59258 said:
Does anyone have a list of all the EMS control channels for Northwestern Ontario?

The EMS doesn't have control channels.

The control channels belong to the Fleetnet system and are shared by all agencies.

Take a look at the other zones. The control channels are common across all 4 zones.

Premium Subscriber
Control Channel

Mike_Oxlong said:
The EMS doesn't have control channels.

The control channels belong to the Fleetnet system and are shared by all agencies.

Take a look at the other zones. The control channels are common across all 4 zones.

I guess I am missing an understanding of the system because I programmed 142.215 into a trunked system then put the bands in like you have desribed, let it run on search and various talk groups come across the scanner... In Thunder Bay I am certain there is a different assingned control channel as I did not hear anything when tried to seach talk groups there. I connected my scanner to my computer and started making a log of the different freq hits when various talk groups came across the scanner, I then program these freq into a conventional channel and prtessed scan but the just locked up on one channel, so I am not quite understanding why you cannot convention scan the talk groups.
Can you explain?

Thanks

warrior420

All data comes through the control channel and your scanner decodes it. You can put more than one control channel in one system. When you are out of range from one it will pick up the next one in the list. When your scanner is set up for conventional it has no idea what to do with control channel data, only when setup correctly will it decode properly. There is many frequencies they might use on the system for voice but if your scanner has control channel only mode these are not neccesary.

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
Control Ch

warrior420 said:
All data comes through the control channel and your scanner decodes it. You can put more than one control channel in one system. When you are out of range from one it will pick up the next one in the list. When your scanner is set up for conventional it has no idea what to do with control channel data, only when setup correctly will it decode properly.

Thanks, so I clear I can put every control channel listed under zone 4 into one truked systm and then just search ID??

G

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Control CH.

59258 said:
Thanks, so I clear I can put every control channel listed under zone 4 into one truked systm and then just search ID??

G

Yea you can put in all the control channels but the scanner is going to lock onto the first control channel that is strong enough to decode.
Steve

warrior420

If you are using the stock antenna chances are your only going to be in good range of one tower at a time. Sometimes it wants to lock onto the weaker tower if your in range of more than one, and 2 systems with appropriate control channels is the answer to that.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Take a look at the stickies at the top of the forum for Fleetnet and see if one of them applies to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.