Belle Plaine has gone P25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styx_N_Stones

I recently found out that Belle Plaine has gone to P25 Phase 2 (Im assuming Phase 2). BPs dispatcher is through the Benton County system (so Im guessing the new BP stuff will be the same format). I was wondering if anyone has info on the new setup, as its not listed in the RR database as of yet?

Can anybody refer me to a page that would explain how to figure this out myself (then I can contribute to the DB)? I have an RTL-SDR v3 running SDR#. I also have a Bearcat BC895xlt with Trunk Search and the rig also has a discriminator tap (not in use at this time). I dont think the Bearcat will be of much help because its about 15 years old, and the trunk systems it lists are Motorola, Hybrid, Privacy Plus and SmartNet. The rest of the Benton County system dosent seem to be trunked as far as I can tell from the DB here (but I could be wrong).

Any help or advice would be much appreciated...

bkramm

I am receiving transmissions today on the old frequencies.
Have heard that Belle Plaine is going to P25 but don't know if it has happened yet.
Benton County as a whole is in the process of looking at P25 with a consultant currently doing
work on the system and looking at towers I believe. Most likely 2-3 years down the road before in service.

Styx_N_Stones

Im getting EMS on the old freq... but no PD. I was told that the switch happened about a week ago. This info came from someone in the department. Benton Co Sheriff is P25 encrypted for some time now. It could be misinformation... Guess Ill keep digging.

bkramm

You may be right. I was just looking at my Proscan log which doesn't tell who was talking.
Belle Plaine PD may just be piggy backing on the sheriff's P25 and most likely encrypted.
I should have been more specific as the 911 board is looking at P25 phase 2 simulcast system and most
likely joining the SARA network which will almost surround the county not just a stand alone P25
as the sheriff currently has.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Try listening to 151.2875. That repeater output frequency was added to the FCC license. The emission designator indicates this is P25 Phase 1.

Tim

Styx_N_Stones

Ill give it a listen... I hope its not encrypted seeing as the rest of Benton county is, and BP shares the same dispatcher as Benton but they are Phase 2).

Thanks for the info. Now... onto the hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.