Belleville Illinois feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman227

Hi i was just wondering if anyone in the area could stream belleville police as they finally switch to digital from 453.950 and i don't have a digital scanner yet Thanks...

K1IF

Premium Subscriber
Hi i was just wondering if anyone in the area could stream belleville police as they finally switch to digital from 453.950 and i don't have a digital scanner yet Thanks...

are you buying a new one? I have a radio shack p25 PRO197 for sale I'm located in Swansea PM me if interested $275 firm

scanningisfun

Be careful purchasing a scanner in St. Clair County as they are using a countywide simulcast using CQPSK/LSM. Scanners have a hard time decoding this time of P25 modulation. I did fairly well with my 396XT but not 100%. I could understand most of the traffic. RS and GRE scanners have the same problems with simulcast, so purchase at your own risk.

Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

Jacob

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Most, if not all of St. Clair County is on Starcom 21.

Jacob

Thanks for the info. I figured I must ask as I cannot receive St. Clair Counties Starcom towers from here but I can receive many of the old systems that are not on Starcom.
For example, I can hear signals from Clinton and Williamson counties just fine over here though. Just not any Starcom accept the Edwardsville tower and that is hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.