Belleville Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

Guys I have a question if I may. Earlier today Belleville had a police involved shooting. When I put the scanner on the only traffic I heard was on their 2nd talk group. Do they have the ability to encrypt or somehow block their main talk group so that you can't hear what is going on? I found it wierd that they seemed to be using their 2nd talk group for regular traffic. Thank you and have a great holiday.

SCPD

QRT
Belleville

Theres 3 talkgroups,do you have them all?You may want to update your
536HP for the newest information in the 700mhz NJPSIC.Can they encypt?Why not?
They are not listed as such in RR though.

Analogrules

I believe all NJICS radios are able to encrypt with just an easy flip of a switch. Unfortunately, I have seen this occuring a little more often lately.

AC2OY

Ok guys thank you and Merry Holidays!!! 🎅 Yes K2OOL I have all 3 talk groups in there. About or around the time of the shooting when they had Joralemon St. blocked off I noticed that regular police traffic was on 4223 which I think is tagged as PD 2? so my thought process was that they encrypted PD 1 then later on about 9 or 10 I heard the dispatch tell one unit to switch from 2 to 1.

SCPD

QRT
keep in mind

Ok guys thank you and Merry Holidays!!! �� Yes K2OOL I have all 3 talk groups in there. About or around the time of the shooting when they had Joralemon St. blocked off I noticed that regular police traffic was on 4223 which I think is tagged as PD 2? so my thought process was that they encrypted PD 1 then later on about 9 or 10 I heard the dispatch tell one unit to switch from 2 to 1.

Keep in mind that the 700mhz system decodes about 80 percent of the time,and for the rest of the percent you can blame on the scanner's poor decode wether that be the PSR800 or the 536HP.They both S--K on decode for that system.If I was in Belleville I would buy a 700mhz radio like a Motorola for better decode.MerryChristmaKwanaHanna-KA

Status
Not open for further replies.