Bellevue Press Release: "Senator and congressman celebrate new regional dispatch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntBee09

Bellevue Press Release: "Senator and congressman celebrate new regional dispatch"

link: http://www.ci.bellevue.wa.us/murray_reichert_norcom.htm

"Police calls for cities including Bellevue, Bothell, Clyde Hill, Issaquah, Kirkland, Medina, Mercer Island and Redmond will now be regionally dispatched too through NORCOM, which will absorb the Eastside Regional Comm Center." -City of Bellevue

AtomicTaco

I'm still trying to figure out how NORCOM abbreviates "North East King County Regional Public Safety Communications Agency" My best guesses:
NORth East King County Regional Public Safety COMmunications Agency
North East King COunty Regional Public Safety COMmunications Agency

I think it should be NEKCRPSCA or "Necker puskah"

morrowcounty

AuntBee09 said:
"Police calls for cities including Bellevue, Bothell, Clyde Hill, Issaquah, Kirkland, Medina, Mercer Island and Redmond will now be regionally dispatched too through NORCOM, which will absorb the Eastside Regional Comm Center." -City of Bellevue

Let me get this straight, are they moving out of the Bellevue City Hall? I have seen there dispatch center and it was nice. Being I think 7 stories up is kind of sweet also...

AtomicTaco

morrowcounty said:
Let me get this straight, are they moving out of the Bellevue City Hall? I have seen there dispatch center and it was nice. Being I think 7 stories up is kind of sweet also...
"The center will be located in a Kirkland fire station until it moves into Bellevue City Hall next spring. NORCOM will take 911 calls from City Hall for a few years but will eventually move into its own building." --Source

AuntBee09

morrowcounty said:
I have seen there dispatch center and it was nice. Being I think 7 stories up is kind of sweet also...

You're right! I love the Bellevue dispatch center. It is so cool. I don't know if I am sad or glad that they will move out of city hall eventually, because I know if they get their own building, that will probably be really nice also (as "AtomicTaco" brought to my attention). Also they have a lot of stuff set up in Bellevue city hall for emergency operations (for more than just Bellevue I think), so they would probably move that when it came time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.