Belmont Co. EMT Ambulance Service frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

was wondering what frequency EMT Ambulance in belmont county was using.

are they using 453.6125 out of harrison county or 463.500, 463.550 out of stark county

dr400

Nothing heard

was wondering what frequency EMT Ambulance in belmont county was using.

are they using 453.6125 out of harrison county or 463.500, 463.550 out of stark county

They apparently are on some frequency other than those mentioned above. Have checked each frequency for extended periods of 8-12 hours on separate days. Nothing heard.

colliers_628

you know, you would figure since they provide emergency service in belmont co, that they would at least use the TRS or have a talkgroup on the system. since their dispatch system is out of canton i wouldnt be suprised if all their communications was on a nextel.

hey thanks for listening and trying to help out, i appreciate it

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe EMT Ambulance is using the Domer Communications community repeater in Harrison Co.

Try 464.400 DCS 432 or DCS 532 (i can't remember which DPL)

I have a blog entry on my site about it. Dale can attest to the fact that there are multiple users on 464.400 (with the agencies being separate by different PL/DPL combinations).

I have heard what I believe is EMT ambulance traveling between Carroll and Harrison Cos and en route to other locations. The agency I'm hearing using DCS 432 or DCS 532 makes reference to "Post 3", "Post 4", and "Post 7". If this is EMT ambulance, those "posts" are probably Station 3 in Carrollton, Station 4 in Cadiz and Station 7 in Alliance.

And I'm willing to bet that in any event that they use radio communications, they are probably on UHF exclusively. So if you are looking for their radio comms in a specific county, you should listen on the business repeaters operating in those counties. They have a licensed repeater in Carroll Co that they definitely use as well. For Belmont, it could be that the Harrison repeater listed above provides them with adequate coverage. I don' t know.

Mike

Last edited:

colliers_628

mike,

if you remember about a month ago 464.400 was the topic of discussion when i asked whom it could be. i believe it was under the post scanning out at trinity west parking lot. you said you believed that it was steel valley ambulance service out of pittsburgh, pa. i do know that EMT Ambulance Service's wheelchair vans use the 80 and 90 series. now the emt ems station in martins ferry has been moved to bellaire and they kept the station numbering 5. and the "post" numbers are also used by rural metro ems. i do know that they have 13 stations as of right now and they are planning to add a few more in the near future. as i've stated previously i dont know why they dont run off the county systems the stations fall under and im very surprised the two stations in belmont county dont run under the belmont 800 TRS or even have their own talkgroup for that matter. here's some food for thought......... the MARCS system??? even though i have checked numerous times with no luck, they do have multiple stations in multiple counties and that does make sense, i wouldnt be surprised to see them popping up on the MARCS system in the future. But if they arent running off the channels in the database, im gonna go with my gut instinct and say 9 times outta 10 they are using nextels for the dispatch and operations (and company cell phones)

as always, thanks for for your input, mike

brent

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Brent,

Thanks for refreshing my memory. Yes, I do remember telling you Steel Valley Ambulance is on that freq out of Pittsburgh (different repeater obviously) - and it is, PL 114.8. I hadn't heard the "other" traffic att that time, but now that i hvae heard the traffic on the Cadiz business repeater with a DPL of 432 or 532 (still haven't determined which), I think what you probably heard was EMT. Hard to tell.

If you hear Steel Valley, you'll hear dispatch reference themselves and be referenced as "Steel Valley Base". If you don't hear that from the dispatcher, you are probably hearing the other entity on the Cadiz repeater that we think is EMT.

I saw that EMT's website appeared to be out of date, so I had wondered what other stations there were.

As far as them not being on the local systems, I imagine all of their vehicles have 400 Mhz radios, which aren't going to cut it on any 800 Mhz system around here. That is probably part of the reason they use the business repeaters. Also, it's cheaper for them to do so because they have such a wide service area and would have to have expensive 800 Mhz radios programmed to operate on various different trunked systems, where as they can have fairly "cheap" conventional 400 Mhz equipment that can be programmed with a slew of 400 Mhz conventional frequencies and just rent airtime on a business repeater.

I have to say that I don't hear a whole lot of traffic on the Harrison and Carroll repeaters so I suspect you are riight about them using Nextel a lot.

MARCS would be a good place for them... I guess it would all depend on how they would get the funding for that. I imagine the same funds that volunteer EMS get from the gov't probably aren't all available for a for-profit EMS service. And if that's the case, they probably aren't going to want to through out the significant dollars to get on MARCS.

mike

Mylan

Feed Provider
The EMT ambulance service might as welll be non existant in belmont county because the county NEVER and I repeat NEVER uses them for any 911 call no matter what- even if the closest three or four departments cant get a crew....or if they have a multi-victim incident.

for example... powhatan point vfd gets a call for chest pains at 8 am exactly.. after 5 minutes and no response of any kind the 911 dispatchers put out a second tone.... at 8 :10 after no response from powhatan the put out a third tone and simultaniously dispatch the next closest department- shadyside... well say shadyside cant get a crew then they call bellaire (neffs) and after neffs says they are too busy to handle it, at 9 am dispatch finally calls martins ferry (25-30 miles away) to handle the call...
finally at 9:30 an ambulance from martins ferry shows up to help the patient whereas, if, after powhatan failed to respond, 911 would have called EMT and had radio traffic with them for directions and updates, qualified help could have reached the powhatan area 15 minutes after the first call went out ...

in fact If I would not have stumbled upon the EMT ambulance quarters in bellaire one day recently, I would have never even known they existed in belmont county..and in fact i was quite shocked that i had no knowledge of their presence.

colliers_628

mylan,

they might not be registered with belmont co to run 911 calls just medical xferes. of course i was hoping someone out there knew alittle about them cause i soon may be working for them.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
464.400 DCS 532 - confirmed EMT Ambulance / Tri-State Ambulance (same company)

I asked somebody I knew who worked there and he gave me the scoop. Medic 41 is a Cadiz unit, Medic 31 and 32 are Carrollton Units.

Post 4: Perrysville
Post 5: Scio
Post 6: Adena / Pleasant Grove
Post 7: New Athens

When they are at a post, they are covering two stations.

Mike

colliers_628

mike,

i now work for emt/tri-state ambulance service (tri-state is owned by EMT Inc., they just never changed teh name on the west virginia side). Took me a bit to figure out the station info and apparatus but here it is.
these are emt/tri-state ems stations:
1- emt- massillion station ambo units 1x's
2- emt- malvern station ambo units 2x's
3- emt- carrollton station ambo units 3x's
4- emt- cadiz station ambo units 4x's
5- emt- bellaire station ambo units 5x's
6- emt- bethesda station ambo units 6x's
7- emt- alliance station ambo units 7's
8- emt- sebring station ambo units 8x's
9- emt- salem station ambo units 9x's
11- emt- canton station ambo units 11x's
20- tri-state/emt wheeling station ambo units 20x's
21- tri-state/emt moundsville station ambo units 21x's

The number of units that respond out of each station varies. some stations have 1 or 2 crews, while some stations have 4 or 5 crews on at one time

the numbers on the ambulance arent nessesarily that units id. i'll explain. wheeling is station 20, but house ambo 1,3,16,17, and 19. ambo 1 is identified by crew 201, ambo 201, or squad 201 whichever is preferred. ambo 3 is identified by crew 202, ambo 202, or squad 202 whichever is preferred. ambo 16, 17, and 19 are spare trucks. ambo 3 is being used by bellaire station?? cause one of theri trucks is out of service, so i've been riding on ambo 16 being identified as crew 202. crew 201 is the 24 hr shift and crew 202 is the 9a-5p day car or daytime ambo. ambo 17 is out of service it is completely stripped as far as i can see. i believe moundsville has ambo 21,22, and 23; but they are identified as crew 211, crew 212, and crew 213. wheeling station only runs two crews and i believe moundsville only runs two crews too.

now as far as the radio frequencies. i cant speak for the ohio stations. i do know that the moundsville station uses marshall co ems frequency. all the ambo's have an on-board computer system on which we are dispatched off of. we are notified by calls/transports via nextel and are texted through are phones. when we go enroute, on scene, returning, etc, etc, it is all done by the onboard computer in the truck. its a pretty sweet and slick setup. the wheeling station does have radios, but they are nver used. we've always used the on-board computer or the nextel. when we call the hospital to give report on an emergency call, we call report in on a cell phone or the nextel phone. i still havent verified teh frequencies yet though, sorry. i know by working there i have answered 70% of my own questions, the other 30% is finding out those damn frequencies. Even though im the one who started the inquiry, you have any questions about emt or tri-state?

Status
Not open for further replies.