Belmont Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I looked over the data base and compared it with what I had in my 396 and ARC396 sw and I found a couple of items that are different or changed or omitted
24080 is listed as Neffs Fire. I have it as Bellaire Fire. If it is not than what is Bellaire Fire? Also I have 2 TGs that are not listed. They are 49584 I have as Barkcamp Private and 36544 I have as OSP Post 7 Tac..must be a patch...These were in the data base at one time as I would have copied them from there

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Russ,

I am not sure if there is an actual "Bellaire Fire Department." I think Neffs (two stations if im not mistaken) is the Bellaire Fire Department.

So I think the talkgroup listing for Neffs Fire is likely correct.

As for Barkcamp Private and OSP Post 7 TAC, I'm as interested as you are to hear what happened to those ones. I didn't remove them. I vaguely remember Barkcamp Pvt being listed in the DB quite a number of years ago, and I do remember when OSP Post 7 TAC was in there.

Maybe Post 7 TAC is no longer a talkgroup of its own now that the OSP is on MARCS in that area. Do you ever hear anything on the Barkcamp Pvt or OSP TAC 7 talkgroups that you have programmed in?

Perhaps Mylan will check in with his thoughts. He is a regular monitor of the Belmont system and would likely know something about whether those are in use anymore.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
TGs

Well that jogged my memory. I do recall now they joined. Tough gettin old isn't it. As for the other 2 TGs I don't listen to them at all here. Belmont Co does not come in down here in my man cave. If I had the 396 or the 600 upstairs I could pick them up. I listen to the feed on line. I keep Belmont programed for when its warm out and I have the scanner outside and when I'm out Piedmont on the Houseboat. I dont know if I ever heard these TGs or if I ever will. I just noticed the data base didn't list them anymore. I've been going thru all my systems on all my radios and checking them against the data base. It's a Winter thing and I was bored.

Mylan

Feed Provider
somebody has indeed messed with this systems listing in the database as there are a couple other talkgroups missing as well now...

most notably missing is 50512 which is the real OHP Post #7 talkgroup... it is not any kind of patch, they just have (and use) their own TG on this system.....

another very active TG that has been zapped from the DB is 49840 which is the main Barkcamp channel

as for the two TG's that the OP mentioned

49584 - is barkcamp's private channel and it is in service and used occasionally (especially during holiday weekends)- this i can confirm

talkgroup 36544, that is an oddball any way you look at it..... i have thought that from the first time it randomly appeared a couple years ago... and fwiw, i have never heard it used... ever.... my guess is that it was an error from the start.... when it was in the DB, it was named "OHP TACTICAL"
a point about this talkgroup is that it does not fall into place in sequence or even near any other TG in the system as it is 36xxx and all the other 3xxxx in the system have a second digit of 0..... secondly all law enforcement channels in belmont county are digital and begin with 4 or 5 and 36544 just doesn't jive...

also if anyone updates the DB, i believe they should add "(also serves Bellaire)" .... next to the Neffs FD listing... that way unknowledgeable people will know where to find the bellaire fire department...

rcool101

Feed Provider
I had to check my ARC396 file again and I missed those as I do have 50512 and 49840. I guess I didn't look close the first time. I had to program my 396 at least 3 maybe 4 yrs ago with Belmont So they were here at one time. But not now. I even had them printed at one time and the date was on it but I think I threw it away.

dr400

Mike,

>>I am not sure if there is an actual "Bellaire Fire Department." I think Neffs (two stations if im not >>mistaken) is the Bellaire Fire Department.

>>So I think the talkgroup listing for Neffs Fire is likely correct.

I can't tell if they have more than one talkgroup but can tell you the Bellaire Fire is operated by the Neffs Fire under a contract with the Village of Bellaire. A couple years ago Neffs became the contract operator.

>>As for Barkcamp Private and OSP Post 7 TAC, I'm as interested as you are to hear what happened to >>those ones. I didn't remove them. I vaguely remember Barkcamp Pvt being listed in the DB quite a >>number of years ago, and I do remember when OSP Post 7 TAC was in there.

I haven't listened for quite a while but in the past Barcamp Rangers operated on the Belmont TRS despite Barcamp being an ODNR park. I presume they also had MARCS access but their primary communication was via the Belmont (911) TRS.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Are you thinking of anybody in particular?

NOPE... I am not...

all I am saying is the exact same thing rcool was saying.... when we programmed our radios from rr data many years back, all that info was there and as we both noted, it had mysteriously vanished without a trace BUT as i just looked at the listing again, you came to the rescue and it all looks good now-- the only thing we need to add to it is that elusive encrypted channel that pops up occasionally... I have not heard it for a few weeks now but you can bet that when it becomes active again Mylan will take note of the TG # and report his findings to this board... I do know that it is a 5xxxx number tho..

That OHP Tactical talkgroup was NOT listed on the original list when this system first came out in '97 nor was it listed when RR started up... I think it only "appeared" about 3 or 4 years ago- no one seemed to know where it came from either.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dr400 is 100% correct about the Neffs/Bellaire fd deal..... Bellaire could not afford to run their FD so in October of 2003, Neffs jumped in and took over all Bellaire equipment and operations thus the Bellaire FD was dissolved and no longer exists... all buildings, vehicles, gear ETC now sport the Neffs name...

Status
Not open for further replies.