Belmonty county / MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

durango5550

Booger D.
I have been following the info on the following two systems that I can. According to Belmont county 911 minutes the switch to their new system is very near. They have upgraded most radios to APX series and they have upgraded the infrastructure as well. My question for this system will it be phase II ? With the hardware upgrades I can only assume that it will be.

Now the MARCS system.

Is this MARCS ip going to be voice and data or data only? I have read both.

And will the old system be replaced by the new all together or will this be operating together?

Thanks for any info.

Dan

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Regarding MARCS.

The new MARCS-IP is voice only, there is already a MARCS data system and to my knowledge nothing will change with that.

The cutover for users of the old MARCS to MARCS-IP is March 2015, shortly after that the current MARCS system will be shut off and the frequencies from the old MARCS will be added to the MARCS-IP sites.

budevans

I have been following the info on the following two systems that I can. According to Belmont county 911 minutes the switch to their new system is very near. They have upgraded most radios to APX series and they have upgraded the infrastructure as well. My question for this system will it be phase II ? With the hardware upgrades I can only assume that it will be.

Now the MARCS system.

And will the old system be replaced by the new all together or will this be operating together?

Thanks for any info.

Dan

The new MARCS-IP is Phase II capable. But, so far it's been deployed as Phase 1.

To the best of my knowledge, MARCS has not announced any plans to upgrade to Phase II.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

MARCS-IP is IV&D (Integrated Voice & Data) ready; it's capable of using a few channels at each site for 9600 baud data in addition to voice, but voice traffic has priority. If voice traffic increases, the number of channels available for data is reduced.

The new system will replace the old system, March 2015.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Great Job Mike. Does anyone know how to build a data base for favorites using sentinel a p25 system?

It's been awhile since I actually used Sentinel for anything other than updating the internal firmware and database, but if I recall correctly you need to have talkgroups and frequencies in the database. Butel products allow you to manually enter talkgroups.

If we can get some talkgroups in the database (we'd love it if you could submit some!) the next update would probably happen Sunday.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Um... What's a data base for favorites?

All you need is to be scanning any current favorite that works for the area and turn id search on (easiest within Sentinel)

Slight differences for HP 1 and the x36 ones. Then when yoo see unknown TG - submit it.

durango5550

Booger D.
Thanks Mike.

This sucks....... Any idea what encryption is being used? ( aes , dsp , etc )

durango5550

Booger D.
I would say its factual if Mike says it is :)

I was listening to my scanner since about noon and haven't heard a single peep. Didn't click till I got home and read the forums

mule1075

Feed Provider
I would say its factual if Mike says it is :)

I was listening to my scanner since about noon and haven't heard a single peep. Didn't click till I got home and read the forums
Cool deal but I went back thru the thread here and did not see the post about enc.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.