Belt Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

slh10-89

The belt clip for the BC436hp is awful. It doesn't securely hold the scanner. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a recommended fix or substitute?

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I've been playing with this from Amazon: Arkon Universal Swivel Belt Clip Holder for Smartphones Cameras Radios Walkie Talkies Remotes, Black - CM221. Out of the box it works fine for me, no mods needed.

The trick to getting this to work right is to have the screw as countersunk in as possible so that the locking nub engages and doesn't disengage/push out. You might be able to find this clip in other styles, this clip doesn't seem to be a original design. There's one with a "release button" that is low profile so it's not oversized enough to potentially pop open when say leaning.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI, You need to put the radio into the clip upside down and push until it clicks then swivel it into the upright position,
this should keep the unit secure. I'm not sure if this is how you are using it or not so I'm just putting it out there.

dallascowboys

I use a an old medal cell phone swivel one, you can also if you have one around the house use an old swivel from an old scanner case. they work real good and wont break .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I use the Scanner Master cases, which have a metal belt clip and stud that are far better than the plastic factory parts.

slh10-89

Mc48 was right. I did have the belt clip installed wrong. It works much better now. I haven't ruled out using a different method for a belt clip. Everyone gave me good advice and I appreciate it. Special thanks to mc48.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I don't miss the Uniden BCD belt clips at all. I would have to constantly order them when they broke.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
I bought a used 436HP and it didn't come with the belt clip... I saw this post & just ordered the Arkon Universal Swivel Belt Clip Holder on Amazon and should get it in a few days.

Not too sure about using the double sided tape and would love to use a screw to be more secure. Does anyone know the size of the screw to be used? Would hate to strip the hole or use a screw too long... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.