Bennington Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcare38

Bennington Rescue posted on their Facebook page yesterday (April 18, 2022) they’ll be switching to a UHF digital trunking radio system this week. I quickly checked FCC licenses & find several UHF frequencies licensed to Southwestern Vermont Healthcare, however they’re low power conventional. Does anyone have more information?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I wonder if they are switching to FleetWave's NXDN trunk. If they are, you can forget about monitoring them, as the FW trunk is 100% encrypted.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
The only two UHF trunk systems prevalent in the Bennington area are Fleetwave (closest site is Mount Equinox but very good coverage) and OneVoice Network (which has three sites that cover Bennington - Mount Equinox, Mount Anthony in Bennington and Willard Mountain in Washington County, NY).

And, as Mike has pointed out, all of the traffic I've logged on the Fleetwave System on Equinox is 100% encrypted (although I've only logged a total of four talkgroups).

I'll try to keep an ear on both systems to see if anything new or different pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.