Bensonhurst Volunteer Ambulance received FCC notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-315844A1.html

The FCC issued a NOUO (Notice of Unlicensed Operation) to "Bensonhurst Volunteer Ambulance Service" in Brooklyn, NY for unauthorized land mobile operation on 155.295 MHz.

The FCC gives them 10 days to respond with any proof of authority to operate on the frequency. If they refuse, the FCC may issue them a NAL (Notice of Apparent Liability) a.k.a. a fine.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would venture to say yes. The FCC doesn't normally just randomly drive around with a scanner checking for valid licenses. Someone got pissed off at them for operating without a license and dropped a dime. Good for them, there's no excuse for operating without a license. With all the hassle agencies have to go through with frequency coordination and the application process doing the right thing, they have every right to report unlicensed use without feeling like they're snitching. Radio spectrum is a very valuable commodity, especially in the NYC area, and in particular with the potential for T-Band to vanish in 10 years.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
i wonder if someone reported them ?

First line from the NOUO...

"On July 10, 2012, an agent from this office responded to a complaint concerning interference on the frequency 155.295 MHz in Brooklyn, New York."

That would be your answer.

If you only knew the amount of unlicensed , incorrectly licensed, stuff out there that doesn't get enforced. I did a major mapping project of local PD and FD repeater locations to map out my reception propogation and LOS studies I was doing using Google Earth. I was just shocked at how much is wrong. A quick example, a fairly large city in the Boston, MA, area, has their repeater licensed out in the middle of the ocean. It's an ocean-front city, and the coordinates are clearly a typo. Oh, by the way, its one of TWO licensed that way!

(Just want to see how bad it is? If you're ever in NYC, listen to the radio dial, especially between 93.1 and 96.9... you'll hear at least a dozen pirate radio stations...)

robg5211

Premium Subscriber
FCC search

Looks like a case of they forgot to renew the license KAW900 expired 3/12 and Cancelled 6/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.