Benton, Ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone heard Benton, Ar PD or FD on either their VHF conventional assignments or AWIN? Ive driven through there two days in a row, and have them programmed at home, and havent heard a peep. Getting Bryant great on AWIN.

dbs1023

Has anyone heard Benton, Ar PD or FD on either their VHF conventional assignments or AWIN? Ive driven through there two days in a row, and have them programmed at home, and havent heard a peep. Getting Bryant great on AWIN.

I am certain that benton pd isn't quite ready for awin yet unless they are using portables. I don't think the motorola cm300 are capable of anything more than vhf.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Huh. Wonder why I cant pick them up then. I have all their VHF channels turned on, and its line of site from here to Benton...I should be getting them.

dbs1023

if you were in Benton scanning the VHF you should have picked something up without a problem. I know I have picked them up from NLR with some static.

MTech

The AWIN talkgroups for Benton Fire were recently added to the DB, but I haven't heard if they are switching to AWIN full time. Also, does anyone have information about the Saline County fire talkgroups? I didn't know if each department had their own talkgroup or if they are assigned as incidents are paged.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Stupid operator mistake. I didnt enable the quick key when I added it to the favorite list, and it wasnt scanning it. Its full quieting here in NLR now. Thanks all.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If they are following the plan I was told about, then they are assigned an TG for Ops after primary dispatch.

sadave

In other related news for the Benton area, I am also hearing simulcast dispatching of Saline County fire departments on the county Office of Emergency Management frequency of 154.830. It is unknown if this an intentional act in the radio room or if the OEM channel has been inadvertently selected up. It has been this way now for several days.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
I dont know the exact frequency, but I was hearing Benton police dispatch on one of the frequencies listed for Fire the other day as I was driving through town.

sadave

I know the answer to that one. Benton Communications has the ability to select up multiple channels to simulcast calls; i.e., MedTrans and Benton Fire for an auto accident or First Responder medical call. Similarly, Benton PD calls would appear to be simulcast on MedTrans and/or Benton Fire those calls if the PD was also being sent. Occasionally, operator error might also play into the mix if the dispatcher had the wrong channel selected on the screen. It is all point, click, and hold with a mouse these days.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Correct, multiselct, and patching is done with point/click, and a few keystrokes. Sometimes human error can occur, and the multiselect or patch is not released or the wrong ones added etc... Also, a few agencies have multigroup/multiselect/patches auto on a tone out. Key up an tone out, and it auto hits everything you preselected in programing. There are also times where "rebroadcast" is used... Such as an FD tone out being "rebroadcast" over an PD dispatch freq/tg for smaller agencies... While most larger agencies PD dispatcher/controller will just announce that FD is being dispatched to blah blah yadda yadda to keep the channel as free as possible. Some won't announce anything unless an officer asks "Hey, I just saw FD running code in my sector, whats up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.