Benton county mo

scannerowner

does it bug you?

Does it bug me, kinda, but I see why places are going encrypted. I also think this thread seems a lil beat up and the answer has been posted.

Now it's waiting for the switchover, and be surprised if it's in the clear for any odd reason. Not much can be done at this point other than gathering the info you find and submit to the database and move along with your business.

mburge

If you were to get tue X36 or SDS line of scanners you can buy software ajd make your own programming. Also, there’s no way for us to get the programming before they change. I get programming when or shortly after they change by finding it on my own. 9 times out of 10 I forward my finding to the MSHP techs for them to update their county radios.

As for the upgrade fee….you’d be better buying tue scanner ajd taking care of the purchase and entering the key once you get the unit. Vendors ajd Uniden usually charge well over the cost of the key to do this work for you. Same other programming. Most places charge per county to program the scanner. If you do purchase the X36 or SDS units let me know ona direct message ajd once you receive the unit I would be more than happy to walk you through everything.
Looks like everything has been updated for Sherriff dept.. on this site for programming for Benton county...even though they are going encrypted ...Thanks for putting up with all my questions ...you have been a big help.

mburge

If you were to get tue X36 or SDS line of scanners you can buy software ajd make your own programming. Also, there’s no way for us to get the programming before they change. I get programming when or shortly after they change by finding it on my own. 9 times out of 10 I forward my finding to the MSHP techs for them to update their county radios.

As for the upgrade fee….you’d be better buying tue scanner ajd taking care of the purchase and entering the key once you get the unit. Vendors ajd Uniden usually charge well over the cost of the key to do this work for you. Same other programming. Most places charge per county to program the scanner. If you do purchase the X36 or SDS units let me know ona direct message ajd once you receive the unit I would be more than happy to walk you through everything.
Are you able to pick up Benton county? with the new system? just wanted to know if indeed they were encrypted... thanks Mike

mburge

Dispatch centers are always hiring. You could always apply to work there and then you could hear everything going on and be a part of the action.
Don't believe I was asking YOU the question...Maybe you should find someone else to jump on...