Benton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

garybruce

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring in "open mode" that has allowed me to tag Tippah & Union counties now using P25, but after 2 months in open mode still cannot tag Benton County even they are on MSWIN.

Any idea's?

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a Phase II capable scanner?

If no, then It's quite likely they are using Phase II. A Phase I only scanner will not even attempt to follow a Phase II channel grant, so you won't even know when a Phase II user is active.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The only way to even know there is Phase 2 activity with an Phase 1 only scanner is when running Pro96Com or Unitrunker etc.... And seeing it on there.

garybruce

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the quick replies.

Not sure if it's Phase II capable, it is the BCD996XT. This unit is capable of MHP and all other surrounding counties Sheriff's on P25 I or II??? You could be on to something, but wouldn't figure Benton County Sheriff would be different than all other North Mississippi Sheriff departments.

Maybe school me some more on how to go from here (in layman's terms please)

garybruce

Premium Subscriber
Benton County Sheriff was received on my 996XT last Friday, so they are not on phase 2. Looks like I figured correctly.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Benton County Sheriff was received on my 996XT last Friday, so they are not on phase 2. Looks like I figured correctly.

What TG(s) did you pick them up on? I went through there twice during the past two weeks and didn't hear anything.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Again.. sigh....

By January 2017, which is only 2 years away, the ENTIRE MSWIN will be pure P25 Phase 2 as planned currently. So anyone using Phase 1 currently, will be switching. Just point in case: Any system using 700 MHz must be Phase 2 compliant by 2017 unless they obtain an waiver from the FCC. LWIN, and AWIN are two I am aware of that have such waivers to delay implementation until 2020. Now you know.

garybruce

Premium Subscriber
Regardless what happens in 2 years, it is valid current day. So in an effort to support the local Scanologists, they are on TG# 50727

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Added, and all db's updated accordingly. Nice catch, and hope ya'll catch the EMA, FD's etc...

KE5TLF

At the top of every applicable RRDB entry
APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

You'd figure wrong. Every county makes it's own purchase/choices, but in the end EVERYTHING will be Phase II by, or before, 2017.

Again.. sigh....

By January 2017, which is only 2 years away, the ENTIRE MSWIN will be pure P25 Phase 2 as planned currently. So anyone using Phase 1 currently, will be switching. Just point in case: Any system using 700 MHz must be Phase 2 compliant by 2017 unless they obtain an waiver from the FCC. LWIN, and AWIN are two I am aware of that have such waivers to delay implementation until 2020. Now you know.

Regardless what happens in 2 years, it is valid current day. So in an effort to support the local Scanologists, they are on TG# 50727

.........and as of 7 days ago, all a moot point now. Not to say some/most/all? won't anyway, but there's no requirement to do so now.....

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
That will save a lot of money for future gear.... Too bad about whatever is already in the pipe eh?

KE5TLF

Yeah, no, maybe? Could at least save the DMR a boat load for a while anyway. (pun intended). I guess it remains to be seen what policy changes, if any, the WCC makes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.