Benzie Bus Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
There is a local bus line that I see around town called Benzie Bus. They have radios and it looks like they at least used to be owned by the County and were licensed under Benzie County Transit. It looks like that license set has been cancelled. I am wondering how to find their new frequency since I have been monitoring their old frequency(s) and there is no traffic on them. Here is what I have found so far:

I go to the following page: Callsigns for FCC FRN: 0002730612 (BENZIE, COUNTY OF) and click on a call sign. That takes me to the following page:
FCC Callsign KNAK455 (BENZIE COUNTY TRANSIT) . There it lists the details for the call sign and in the Status box it shows:
" CANCELED 01/27/2006". I know this bus is still operating in the area. How do I find the updated information for this licensee?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps they lease space on an existing system. I don't see any identified in that county in the database but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Looking one county over there seems to be a fairly large system in place that covers 7 counties. Perhaps there is an unidentified site in your county. TRT Partners (LTR) Trunking System, Holland, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies

I'm not local so that idea may be completely wrong. I would do some band searches and see if you get lucky.

west-pac

I looked thru several of their social media posts and pictures, and didn't see any radios or antennas on personnel, in facilities, or in/on vehicles. I'm guessing they use dispatching software and tablets. They did have a social media post about a new app they're using for riders. There could be another part to that app for employees, including dispatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.