Bergen Co the STORM and OEM interops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Other treads have address the interop coordination or lack of between the State Police and Park service, on a recent search
so what happens when we have a real disaster
during the recent unnamed storm with thousands out of power, I did not hear the RedCross at all,
their has been for some time an East Bergen OEM channel a dozen towns have it test it in the 500's not a peep,
the BergenCounty freq for mutual aid coordinators love to give radio checks once a week yet not a peep
SPEN 2 or 3, 4 no cross mutual talk as some towns loss PD/FD towers for a time not a peep

how does the electrical crews talk to each other - the ones from OHIO and Penn with NJ PSEG?
after 4 days of no power i finnally got my SWIFT REACH messages from 3 days ago - works for me?!

SCPD

QRT
Both JCP&L (First Energy) and PSE&G have 900MHz trunked radio systems. They are not shared however.

They are listed in the database.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
I heard a LOT of interop traffic on I-TAC frequencies, I-TAC 3 and 4 to be exact.

BergenRadio

You are hearing the electric companies on the interops? What channels so I can listen. Thanks,

radiomanNJ1

Wow at least you got your messages.

The crews from out of the area generally are marshalled in one area and given a work assignment for the day. They cannot energize a circuit without direct permission from the company where they are working. They are very strict about this for safety. Many use radios for their home companies in a local aka simplex mode.

Red Cross? They are soliciting money so they can buy new phone systems since they did that during Katrina.

It's about time that NJ start hardening their infrstructure. Replacing the same wooden poles and not doing maintainence is leaving us in the dark. Underground sounds nice until you look at the cost. Do you know what it would cost to dig up every and I mean every street to put lines underground and of course we the ratepayers would be paying for it. Oh, and how about stop building in the flood plains?

Other treads have address the interop coordination or lack of between the State Police and Park service, on a recent search
so what happens when we have a real disaster
during the recent unnamed storm with thousands out of power, I did not hear the RedCross at all,
their has been for some time an East Bergen OEM channel a dozen towns have it test it in the 500's not a peep,
the BergenCounty freq for mutual aid coordinators love to give radio checks once a week yet not a peep
SPEN 2 or 3, 4 no cross mutual talk as some towns loss PD/FD towers for a time not a peep

how does the electrical crews talk to each other - the ones from OHIO and Penn with NJ PSEG?
after 4 days of no power i finnally got my SWIFT REACH messages from 3 days ago - works for me?!

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
You are hearing the electric companies on the interops? What channels so I can listen. Thanks,

I heard public safety interops on I-TACs, not electric/utility companies.

Majority of traffic are on 853.0125 PL 156.7 I-TAC 4, there were discussions on FEMA visiting the area and North Jersey District Water Supply Commission sampling water

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I agree utac and itac were active but as far as state level nada.

jvdet

ok so this tread is referencing BERGEN County operations how does the North Jersey Water commision got to do with this?
United Water covers Bergen - Hudson
or JCP&L? nowhere near here
u-tacs itacs not used in Bergen during or after the storm

But i am wondering what the never used East Bergen OEM channel - how is it used or when?

radiomanNJ1

It would indicate some interoperability if they used th OEM from the bad county.
I wonder if the storm knew when it blew over the muncipal boundaries? I am sure it did because having some type of emergency mutual aid involving multi agencies and the bad county might not be in the best interest of the taxpaying citizens right?????

It's funny how other areas, counties, cities, states can get along and in Bergen that cannot happen. After all every borough, town, village, city needs a police chief earning a large salary and supervising at least 10-15 people right?

Status
Not open for further replies.